Temple of Venus

Gudako POV

"...I-Is this...Ishtar's Temple?"

"A-Are those cats, master?"

"I-I'm not sure, Mash."

We arrived somewhere around midday; the sun positioned slightly more to the west than when we departed as we stood in front of what was surprisingly Ishtar's Temple. Standing before us, positioned like knights, two golden statues of what I assumed were kitties stood on either side of the shiny steps' first set, each holding a board with illustrated symbols.

Following that, the second pair of steps loomed shortly in the distance stretching widely as far as my eyes could see before narrowing out at the top where a lusciously gold and white marbled temple sat overlooking it all.

The mountain range resting behind it enclosed the building and everything surrounding it inside perfectly, wrapping it like a gift into a memorable view for sightseeing. Mash and I both stood admiring every aspect in awe while our three other party members moved forward not sparing a second glance.

"I understand the adorableness of the cats very well, master, but we can't stare at them all day. " Atalanta scolded Mash and me pulling us along even as her tail wagged excitedly, and she looked away doing her best to hide the obvious red coloring her cheeks.

"So you say Atta, yet you're just as ecstatic. Not that I blame you, there weren't any Greek gods who decorated their temples with adorable lawn cats."

"...S-Shut up."

"Hehe."

I smiled giving a light laugh at the two's warm exchange. Looking ahead under the shade of my hand the temple appeared to be empty as we further climbed the first flight of steps with Bahamut still in front.

"Hold on."

Halting our ascent, he thrust out his arm keeping us from moving any further.

Two beams of white and blue surged forward circling from behind the temple threatening to mow us down.

Atalanta repelled the two shots letting loose arrows of her own, they collide in a display of teal lights creating a small blast. Dust rises from the rocky terrain blowing around like smoke. Narrowing my eyes, I make out a small object moving through, stopping on the steps, the haze clearing to reveal Ishtar sitting on Manna with a nerve-wracking glare aimed my direction.

"For what pleasure do I owe this slap in the face to? A human attempting to walk on sacred ground, you'd best have a good reason for this."

She summoned an arrow to her hand shifting gazes from me to Atalanta whose drawn bow was staring pointedly at the ground.

"Oh, I see..."

Ishtar's hands shook, the pupils of her eyes became hidden behind the bangs of her hair as she bit down on her teeth in annoyance prepared to fire another shot from Manna.

"Having another divine archer show up on my steps, so that golden brat is planning to have me replaced is he! I WON'T STAND FOR THIS INSULT!"

(Why is she always getting pissed from misunderstandings!)

Ishtar flew higher in the sky firing the arrow from above, Mash moving to the front with her shield only to be blown back after intercepting the attack.

Bahamut quickly kicked the cart to Merlin who grabbed me teleporting us to the edge of the mountain a safe distance away from the pursuing fight.

Bahamut rose to the skies flying about with the use of his dragon wings as Atalanta ran along the ground firing arrow after arrow at any opening she saw aiding in the battle.