He is a mystery (chapter-19)

Mayesha's pov

Coming back to my room after having my dinner, I sit for my prayer. I don't want to miss my prayers anymore as I already did because of my sudden marriage and all those hectic things.

I don't know why am I crying now as Allah gave me happiness,a lovely family for which I always used to crave. And I also have made my mind to give a chance to this marriage from my heart. But before that I am going to have a deep and serious conversation with him. As I am really confused about him. He seemed to be a good person then why he need to buy a human?? My uncle and aunty was scared of him as he is the Mafia king. But he don't seem to be like those scary mafia's and all?? Does he do all those bad works a Mafia man usually do??

This thought alone can make me shiver like hell. So I pray to Allah so that he can guide me.

After finishing my prayer I saw that my husband is sitting on bed looking deeply at me.
What now?? He was nice all day I mean to say he was having that charming smile in his face but now he is having a scowled face.

"Are you okay?" I can't stop myself from asking that.

"Do you pray regularly?" He asked still having his eyebrows furrow. What??
"I try but still sometimes I missed my prayers like yesterday."

"You do believe him a lot, right??" He asked waking toward the window looking at the night sky.

What happen to him?? Why is he saying all this things??

"Every Muslims has to believe him. I also do." I said without any hesitation.

"But I don't."

"Why?" I don't know when I became this brave to have all these conversation with him as yesterday was our first talk and I was so scared. Who will not,he is a mafia king after all. But somehow I can't stop myself from asking him questions. I just feel the strong pull toward him.

"I have my reasons darling and I know you won't like the reasons at all."

He don't believe in Allah but he is a Muslim. That means he also don't even pray. I......I don't know what to say?? And by anyhow is he bipolar?? But he seemed like he is serious.

And reason?? Is it because of his mafia thing or something?? Does he kill people?? O no.

"What kind of work you do?" Where this came from now?? I am really going to get myself killed someday because of my stupid mind. Can't my mind spare my mouth....why they need to be connected??

"I run a company." He said like it's nothing serious. But I didn't want to know this...I want to know that the Mafia thing. But will you answer me if I ask you?

"I...mean...o..the.mafia job." I said with lots of stammers.

"Please have a sit wifey. Then we can try to calm your curiosity down." He is now sitting on a chair beside the window.

I also sit opposite him....I don't know when and how but like a small child I follow his words even when I am a little scare of him. From the very first moment I am somehow feel something toward him....now his all these.....

"You want to know if I kill or not, right??" How he get to know this??

"I...."

"I do kill people." He answered nonchalantly like it's nothing but on the other hand his answer made me shiver. Did you think before answering me?? What I will feel to know your these side?

"They are all bad people???" Somehow I couldn't control myself to ask that. I will not....maybe ever. As looking at you make me forgot everything.

"What do you think?? What will be my answer?"
Maybe yes or maybe something that show the you are not that bad or wrong..this is what my heart is literally praying so your answer don't break my heart. Even my eyes must be pleading for the same thing. I hope he can read my eyes.

"I kill people like me." What did you say?? You kill people like you?? What kind of people you are??

"What do you mean?" Please say something. Please give my heart the answers clearly... it's confused. It so simple and innocent. It will be crushed and broke. Please don't do these.

He is looking at me intensely. His dark eyes, is now looking like a dark night with no light for me to find my way back home...What are you thinking looking at me?? Why are you not saying anything more?

"I think we should sleep as it's being late." After looking at me for sometime he said.
"But....."

He didn't say anything just stand up and go toward closet leaving me in shock and confusion about him.
Was he serious about what he said?? If not then why?? Why don't he pray? He.... my heart say he is a nice soul and he also believe in Allah..our creator.

What's these killing thing?? What are you?

Coming back from closet in pajama pants,he come toward me and hand me a velvet box.

All these time I was just sitting in the same place. Thinking about him.

"Open it and see." now his voice is soft but the manly husky dominating voice which can melt any girl's heart is still present there.

He go toward the bed and lay down, facing other side.
Don't you want to say anything more??

Something is wrong,he was sweet all day long but now he is a mystery. I am already being confused about him but now got to know that being confused is so less as now the feeling I am having is quite different.....

Opening the box, it was like my whole soul is shaken seeing the sight before me...my necklace. The necklace my grandmother gave me. Which I used to save a stranger.
But how??
I want to ask him how he got it. But I know...I can say that he will not utter a word now. My questions will remain unanswered. Will you ever answer to my questions?

Looking at him I just can say one thing he is a mystery.... He is really a mystery. A mystery waiting to be solved...maybe.