What's The Story Morning Glory? - Laurent Koscielny {PART 1}

>> Don't know if you guys remember, but I wrote a one shot about Mathieu Debuchy a while back (called Battle Of The Egos) it was requested by Megan and the lead character was named after her as well. So just so you know, I brought the "Megan" from Battle Of The Egos back in this one shot as a secondary character. Hope you guys like it

____________________________

The sound of my phone ringing incessantly and annoyingly on my bedside table woke me up. I reached for my cellphone with difficulty, knocking my table lamp in the process and groaning loudly at the person calling. My eyes squinted from the brightness of the screen as I checked for the name indicated by the caller ID.

"Bitch, what do you want?" I groaned pressing the phone to my ear.

"Well, good morning sunshine," my best friend Megan said in a clearly sarcastic tone "Always so cranky in the morning I see."

"Listen Megan, you better be on your death bed right now, calling to say your last goodbyes or something just as fucking important, because it's 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning and you've interrupted my beauty sleep."

"Oh believe me, it is important" Megan said mysteriously and I could practically see her stupid smirk on the other line.

"Okay... Care to develop?" I let out clearly unimpressed.

"Oh wait, you know what, I'm coming over!" she quickly said "It's better if I tell you up front."

And before I could protest, she hung up on my face.

I lay back down on my bed and moaned desperately into my pillow.

I hate her.

---

Less than an hour later, I heard the loud thumps of someone banging nonstop on my front door.

Delicacy and discretion are clearly unknown territories for this woman...

"What. Do. You. Want?" I barked opening the front door of my apartment, to find Megan standing on the porch, fully dressed up with makeup and hair on point.
I, on the other hand, was a pretty pathetic contradiction, standing there, still in my pjs, looking like an absolute trash bag.

"Hello to you too Penelope!" Megan said stepping into the lobby "Good, you're finally out of bed."

"And there better be a good reason for it" I seethed.

"You're gonna have to sit down for this one" she said excitedly and sprawled down on the couch of my living room.

"Okay" I sat down next to her "Tell me, what's so important that you couldn't wait for me to properly wake up?"

She paused a few seconds, probably to create that Megan-like dramatic effect and said: "Guess who asked if you were single yesterday!"

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at her "Who?"

"Only the object of your pathetic adoration... Laurent Koscielny!" she practically squeaked, clapping her hands together like a five year old.

I tried to hide the thumping in my chest at the sound of his name "Huh?" I dropped in disbelief.

"Oh my god!" Megan rolled her eyes "Can't you look a bit more excited? You've had a crush on him forever!"

Okay, I might have dropped his name once during a girl's night out, when the topic of a crush came up. But I was drunk off my head and those shots of tequila made any filter between what I thought and what I said disappear. Needless to say Megan has been teasing me senseless about it ever since.