Besame Mucho - Sergio Ramos

The characters of this story were introduced in the 'Catfight - El Clasico Special' one shot i posted last week, i advise you to read it before continuing this. It's not mandatory to understand the story but it's better for the sake of the details :)

I hope none of my readers are high on cholesterol because you, my friends, are in for some serious CHEESE lol

On this note, enjoy... ;)

__________________________________________________

I miss you

I miss you too

Then please come home

I still need time, I’m sorry, I love you

Sergio felt a harsh tug at his heart as he re-read her last text message that dated back to last night. She needed time, but what for? To figure out if she still wanted to be with him?

He sighed, tracing with his fingertips the letters of her name tattooed on his inner forearm. Every ounce of his body wanted to hold her at that moment, touch her skin, get a whiff of that vanilla scented perfume that he’d come to know, oh so well… He needed her. He really did. He couldn’t handle not having her by his side. She was his anchor, the one thing that kept his feet on the ground, the one person he swore to always fight for, even though she had been his for a really long time. But the fact that she was gone now was a cruel reminder of how nothing should be taken for granted. There was a risk that he could lose her for good and just the thought of it was a stab in his chest.

He heaved yet another sigh. How could things be so great one second, and then turn upside down in a heartbeat? If he only knew a single spark was enough to alter his relationship completely… Why do things always have to be so complicated?

But then again that’s what Lupita was. She was complicated.

She was impulsive, impatient and a real pain in the ass sometimes, but boy did Sergio love her. She wasn’t perfect, neither was he, but she was his and he was hers. It had always been enough.

Sergio had been restless ever since she left. He couldn’t eat, he couldn’t sleep and he definitely couldn’t train properly while not knowing where she was. Too many questions stirred through his mind.

When did everything start getting so messed up? Why didn’t she open up to him about how she felt? And most importantly, would she come back to him?

He hoped so with every ounce of his being.

FIVE WEEKS EARLIER

Lupita was in the kitchen, preparing dinner to celebrate her 8th year anniversary with Sergio. They had decided to have a quiet romantic dinner at home instead of the usual fancy restaurants Sergio took her to almost every year.

Lupita had just finished setting up the table and sat in the living room, waiting for her boyfriend to get back from practice. As she stared into space, her mind wandered off a few years back, on that same day, six years ago, when Sergio had asked her to move to Madrid.

Their relationship had a bumpy start as she had been living in Cadiz when they met while Sergio was in the capital, halfway across Spain. They spent the first year of their relationship living kilometers away from each other but somehow made it work. The second year was different, both of their lives were speeding by them, they were busy every day and soon grew terribly distant from each other. The day of their second anniversary, Sergio missed out on a Champion’s League qualification match to fly out to Cadiz and asked Lupita to move to Madrid with him, therefrom, saving their relationship.