Heartbreaks, Hangovers And Other Things To Cure - Lionel Messi

A big thank you to all the people who have helped me pick out a title for this one shot. You know who you are ^^

As promised, I dedicate this one shot to the gorgeous Alina for being such a babe and just generally being her awesome self.

Oh and pay attention to the dates ;)

_____________________________

JUNE 2nd 2015
01:49 AM

Marissa hadn't been sleeping for a long time when the sound of her cellphone buzzing on the nightstand woke her up. It took her a few seconds to shake off the haziness of sleep as she yawned quite inelegantly and rubbed her eyes. She then rolled to the side of the bed to grab the phone from her bedside table, mentally cursing at the person who was calling her in the middle of the night while she had to wake up early the next day.

It took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness of the screen and that's when she froze seeing the name indicated by the caller ID.

"The hell does he want..." she muttered under her breath before pressing the phone against her ear.

"Hola?"

"Marissaaaa?" She heard a muffled voice say through the phone.

"Si, it's me" she said, not even bothering to hide the mildly annoyed tone in her voice.

"It's Leo" the voice said.

"I know," She sighed "What do you want?"

There was a silence on the other line. Marissa could hear the distinctive thumps of some upbeat music in the background, as well as the loud chatter of masculine voices.

"Leo, are you still there?" She asked, running a hand through her hair.

She could hear Leo fumbling a little with his cellphone "Si, si, I.. I'm here"

"What's the matter? Where are you?"

"Marissa I called to, uuuh... becauuuuse I, well... I think we uh, we made a mistake breaking up.."

"Leo we've been through this, it's--"

"No! Escúchame, I want you baaaack okay, I love you mucho, mucho, mucho..."

Leo's voice was uncharacteristically stifled and his words were punctuated with quite a lot of "erms" and "uhs". It was clear to Marissa that he wasn't in his normal state.

"Leo, are you drunk?"

"Noooo..."

Marissa heaved a long sigh pinching the bridge of her nose as Lionel continued blurting nonsense. It was quite obvious that he had been drinking.

"Jesus Christ, Lionel... where are you?"

"Meee? I'm uh... at this bar, with the guys"

"The guys? Which guys?"

"You know, just... Gerard, Neymar, Dani... and uh Adriano... Or is that Rafinha?"

Of course, it had to be them.

Marissa felt her grip on the phone tighten slightly as she shut her eyes and let out a low grunt of irritation.

"Lionel, you absolute moron..." she seethed, unable to control her temper "You guys went out drinking the night before leaving for Berlin?! You have got to be kidding me!"