Soul Patch And Freckles - D. Villa & F. Torres {PART 1}

This one shot is a very special one. It was actually written in collaboration with my beautiful friend Silvana ( silvanamaria98 ).

At first, it started out as a one shot but we just couldn't stop writing and it ended up as a three shot! So here you have the first part, the second and the third will follow up soon.

This is the story of Lily and Sara. I wrote in Lily's point of view and Silvana wrote in Sara's point of view. So there are two versions to this story. We each published our versions in our respective one shot books.

So the idea is for you to go over and read Sara's version of the story on Silvana's "Soccer Imagines" book as soon as your finished reading Lily's version which is posted right here.

Enjoy

...

"Soul Patch And Freckles" a short story written by Leila and Silvana

>Part 1: "Dazzling"

_______________________________________

The low buzz of chatter quickly died down and the church went quiet as soon as we all heard the sound of the familiar wedding march melody. All eyes turned toward the entrance of the church and that's when Cassandra appeared, looking as glowing as ever in her gorgeous wedding gown, hand gripped around her father's arm. The music kept playing as Cassandra and her father started walking down the aisle. They finally got to the altar where Victor stood, looking in awe at his soon-to-be wife.

I couldn't have been happier for the both of them. Cassandra was one of my dearest friends; being a bridesmaid at her wedding was truly special, even more so because I got to do it alongside Sara, the third member of our little trio.

All the bridesmaids and groomsmen were standing on either side of the bride and groom, the altar was a bit elevated, giving us a clear view of everyone in the church which was packed with people.

The priest appeared soon after; starting, what we would soon find out to be, our most unforgettable day.

You see, Sara, Cassandra, and I have been close friends for almost a decade. I had gotten into pre-med at the University of Navarra while Cassandra was studying Philosophy and Sara was majoring in English Literature. We got stuck in the same room during our first year and that's where the three of us met. Being roommates, we quickly grew close and became the best of friends. It was hard to believe we were standing here now, nine years later, awaiting this beautiful ceremony...

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sight of two dashing, photo shoot ready guys rushing late into the church. Monseñor Francisco had just started his sermon and, by the looks of it, wasn't very pleased by the interruption.

The two men sat just a few rows behind the altar. The one closest to us, on the second row, had buzz cut hair, a mesmerizing smile, and crystalline eyes encased by the lowest hint of freckles.

The other one, a bit further, on the fourth row, was, in my opinion, much better looking. He had ebony hair, intriguing eyes, and the sexiest soul patch beard I'd ever seen. It took everything in me not to drool on the pristine marble floor, in front of a few hundred guests.

That's when I felt someone jab my side with their elbow.

I looked to my right and sure enough, it was Sara who was standing next to me in that same purple bridesmaid dress. I smiled discreetly, typical Sara... That girl could never stay quiet even during a wedding ceremony! She leaned in and muttered so no one around except me would hear her: