Birds On A Wire - James Rodriguez {PART 2}

«Birds On A Wire» , a James Rodriguez one shot.

>Part 2: "Chosen Out From The Rest"

________________________________________________

"Sorry, I'll try to aim better next time" I apologized as I took the ball from him, knowing that it was no use to try to convince him that Josefina was the one who had made the shot, not me. Seriously my aiming would never be this terrible anyway, I'm a forward for god's sake...

I thanked James and started going back to my team's side, just in time so he couldn't see the crimson color my cheeks had turned into.

I swear to god Josefina is going to pay. I literally just made a fool of myself in front of James, how can she do this to me?!

"Hi Tala!" I heard a male voice call behind me, but it wasn't James. I turned around and saw Isco coming our way.

"Hey!" I said back as he approached and stood next to James.

"Isco was just about to help me practice specific skills" James said "Do you want to join us?"

My heart dropped. Woah I was definitely not expecting this. He wants me to practice with them?

I tried to take the most normal, composed tone I could master "Yeah sure. What exactly do you guys want to practice?" I smiled, hiding the fact that I was freaking out on the inside.

Stop fangirling Tala, it's just training.

"James thinks his dodge is bad" Isco said rolling eyes "So I guess we're doing that"

"Are you kidding?" I exclaimed "I've seen how you slid past Sevilla's defense last week, you looked perfect out there!"

Mental slap #7

I cringed internally at the double meaning behind my use of the word "perfect". Oh me and my big mouth...

"Tala's right" Isco nodded in agreement "Why do you even insist on practicing?"

"Thank you guys" James offered a weak smile but shook his head lightly "I still need to improve for the El Clasico though"

"Alright.." Isco trailed off rolling his eyes for a second time "Tell you what, Tala and I are going to play the defenders, and we'll see if you can keep the ball past the both of us" he said looking at me and I nodded.

Isco and I distanced ourselves from James as he placed the ball at his feet and started dribbling over a few meters. Isco looked at me in understanding and we both sprinted toward James, preparing to tackle. Isco dove first from James' dead angle, trying to snatch the ball away and I followed from behind, making James lay the ball to his left and fasten his pace in order to slip out of both of our tackles....

A few seconds later, I looked up, not understanding what the hell had just happened. I expected the ball to be at my feet or at Isco's but instead we were both on our butts, flopped on the grass, and James was jogging back toward us, dribbling the ball swiftly.

"Damn that was terrible! Can we run that again?" He cringed looking down at us, as we were still basically sprawled on the grass.

Isco and I stared at each other in shock.

"He's kidding right?" I asked Isco and I saw him shake his head.

"Get used to it, he's always like that" he replied, pointing at James.