What Could Have Been - Robin Van Persie

[I'm in a major soppy-romantic-fluff-unicorn mood at the moment so please don't judge lol.

And just to be clear, I don't know what the hell came upon me before writing this, I feel so awkward about this one shot because it's really different from anything I've written before. And I don't know if it's any good but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Also, I'd like to point out that I'm usually not a Man U fan or Holland NT fan at all, in fact I can hardly stand either team, but I was having major Van Persie feels for some reason and that's what came out of it, so yeah, ENJOY xD]

______________________________________________________

I still remember the first time Stephanie told me about her boyfriend. The fact that she was seeing anyone at all came as a surprise because, being her best friend and roommate, you'd expect me to know what's going on in her life. And for most parts I did, except that one I guess. I remember being a tad offended that she had decided to keep it a secret from me, but I was mostly anxious to know who the lucky guy was. She told me she has been seeing him for about 3 months but that she couldn't tell me his name yet.

"What?!" I exclaimed "Why not?"

"Well..." she trailed off "You'll shit bricks"

"Oh come on Stephanie, I'm your best friend! Do I know the guy at least?"

"Mmh-hm" she nodded "And so does half of the planet"

"Wait so you're dating a celebrity?!" I concluded.

"See, I've already said too much" she shook her head "I'm sorry Victoria, I really can't say who he is"

"Can I know the reason, at least?"

"Well, we're trying to lay low"

"And you think I'm the one who's going to spill the beans?" I said raising an eyebrow "That's kind of offensive actually"

"Fair point, but I still can't say"

"Stephanie..." I trailed off, waving a slight smirk at her.

"Don't look at me like that Victoria" She said chuckling a little.

"Come on, you know you want to"

"I don't actually"

"Yeah you do, that's why you told me about him in the first place. Because you're dying to talk to me about it."

"Don't flatter yourself too much Vic" she laughed.

"But you know it's true"

She paused "Okay, maybe it is..."

"Ha!" I exclaimed "I knew it! Come on Steph, his name at least"

"Alright, alright" She said rolling her eyes "Ok, so you know the football club Manchester United right?"

"Stephanie we LIVE in Manchester, I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question but yes, carry on"

"Well, he's a player of the team..."

"NO WAY!" I exclaimed completely shocked "Who is it?!"

"Robin Van Persie"