Enough For Now - Bastian Schweinsteiger {PART 1}

«Enough For Now» a Bastian Schweinsteiger short story.

>Part 1: "Colors And Promises"

________________________________________________

The sound of the doorbell ringing echoed through my entire flat. I shot up from my bedroom vanity table and quickly ran to the front door.

I can already hear Bastian complaining when he'll see that I'm nowhere near ready...

I opened the front door to find my boyfriend standing at my doorstep, looking pretty sharp in his tuxedo. The thought that we've been dating for a few months yet he still managed to make my heart leap every single time I see him made me smile and I knew I wouldn't change a thing.

"Hey sexy" he said giving me a quick peck on the lips before eyeing me up and down and frowning "Oh god don't tell me you're not ready yet..."

"Sorry," I smiled innocently "I'm almost done though, I won't be long, promise."

I started making my way back to my room, hearing Bastian's footsteps behind me. I sat back on the stool in front of the vanity table which was in a state of complete frenzy, with makeup palettes, brushes, and bottles of perfume scattered on its surface in no discernable order. I peered at the reflection in the mirror and saw Bastian frown slightly at the mess I had made. I know he hates the fact that I'm so disorganized, just as much as he hates it when I make him late for an event, like at this very moment.

But girls are girls right? And it's pretty normal for me to want to look my best when we're going to a formal event hosted by Bastian's club.

Believe it or not, there was a time, way before I met and became the girlfriend of a football player, when I didn't pay much attention to how I looked, or at least certainly not as much as I do now. But too many photos of me looking like a scarecrow warmed over, along with way too many sly comparisons with Bastian's ex, which pushed me to finally learn my way around the makeup aisle.

"Maeve could you hurry up a bit?" Bastian asked as he paced back and forth across the room, looking slightly annoyed "You look beautiful babe, please just... be done already" he sigh lightly making me smile.

"Thank you, but you know we're not even late" I said carefully applying a layer of lipstick over my parted lips.

"We still have half an hour," he shrugged looking at his watch "And it will take us twice this long to drive there."

"Faire enough, we're late" I had to admit "But hey, some say it's fashionable, don't they?"

Bastian smirked sitting on the edge of the bed "If you say so."

He kept watching me with that persistent look as I rubbed off a tiny smudge of lipstick on the side of my mouth where I'd gone over the lines. With one last critical look at my face, I got up from my stool and smoothened out my dress before spraying my neck and decolletage with the perfume Bastian brought me back from Paris when he went there, a few months ago. A deep exhale from my boyfriend made me look at his reflection in the mirror. He was still sitting on the bed, but he no longer looked impatient. His gaze was roaming with interest over my reflection.

The attention made me slightly constrained, even coming from my own boyfriend. I saw him smile as he made his way over to me, because of course, being Bastian, he noticed it even if I had my back facing him.

"You look beautiful" he said kissing the back of my neck and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Thank you" I said "You clean up pretty well too" I smirked and turned around to face him, giving him a peck on the lips.