11

Coming out to your friends that you trust and know their feelings towards the lgbt is easy. So easy, in fact, you forget that other people think differently.

Tommy didn't think his parents were against it, but he knew they were uneducated. They saw things differently then he did. So when he asked to cut his hair it became a big deal.

"Mum? Could I maybe get a haircut? I'm getting tired of keeping up with it while long" he asks politely one day after coming downstairs to get a snack.

"What do you mean by haircut? Maybe a trim?" She asks as she prepares diner. "I was thinking like how Wilbur has his hair done maybe" he says quietly, taking a coke from the fridge.

"Sylvia, Wilbur is a man" she snaps back and looks at her child "you can't get a mans haircut, "

Tommy sighs and winces when he hears his dead name "Mum it's just hair, plus it'll grow back, why is it a big deal?" She huffs as she gets back to dinner "we will not discuss this anymore"

Tommy hangs his head low and runs upstairs, upset.  He goes into his room and lays on his bed, tired with the day already.

'Why does this have to be so difficult'

-

When he tells Wilbur about what his mum said, he was obviously upset. "There has to be a way to get her to let you cut your hair" he sighs. Tommy shakes his head "I'm not fighting her on it, I don't want her knowing why I want it short"

His friend looks sadly at the teen, their cams are on. Wilbur can see Tommy with his knees to his chest, wearing a huge hoodie to cover himself, and a frown on his face. It hurt to see his best friend struggle so much.

'I have to do something about this'