maybe hes more

"I'm just saying, theres some undeniable chemistry there." My friend Marielle elbows me and winks.
    I roll my eyes. "Absolutely not. He's intolerable half the time, and he isn't even that cute."
    "Implying he's at least kinda cute." She shoves one of my Ritz crackers into her mouth. "More than we can say for the rest of the guys here." She looks down the school hallway and frowns. Some guy throws up in the water fountain. "Alright, I'll give you a checklist of things I felt with Kye, and you decide for yourself."
    "That's ridiculous."
    "It'll work." She clears her throat. "Does your heart skip a beat when he walks into the room? Can you not stop yourself from smiling when you look at him? Are you hypersensitive to everything he does? Do you find yourself with butterflies in your stomach every time he brushes against you? Have you thought about kissing those lips at least once? If you say yes to these questions, it is romance, my friend."

    The next day, Luc strides into drama class, and my heart does a sommersault. He finds me in the class and grins his stupid perfect lopsided grin, and my face immediately smiles back. I watch him as he slides off his jacket, ruffles his messy brown hair, and plops into the seat next to me. He throws his arm behind my chair lazily, and his fingers graze my shoulder.
    "Hey," he says. My eyes drop down to his lips, and I frantically close my eyes before my mind can go anywhere else.
    Shit.
    "...Is there something in your eye?" he asks, and scans my face in concern. His amber eyes with speckles of green are beautiful.
     I turn away and shake my head so hard I almost snap my neck. "No problemo!" I laugh weakly.
    Dammit, Luc. why do you make me feel this way, and why do I like it?