why do you like her??

"Luc, my man!" Grayson grins as he daps me up. "How've you been?"
"Better than ever," I laugh.
He makes a face. "What, that's it? Where's your little lady friend? Ump! Cole told me, so don't even try to avoid it."
With a sigh, I toss my head in the direction of the open classroom door. "The girl with her nose stuck in a book," I chuckle.
"Jesus Christ you look like a tomato." he mutters as he peeks inside.
"Shut up."
He laughs. "Ooh, she's pretty. Like, not hot hot, but... pretty."
    I narrow my eyes. "Watch it."
    He throws his hands up in surrender. "Just saying, she seems level headed, so how the hell did an idiot like you land someone like her?"
    "I ask myself that every day," I chuckle.
    "Uhuh. So, what's so captivating about this..."
"Elara," I finish. "Her name's Elara."
"Elara. Even though you're an idiot, every girl who has ever set eyes on you ended up crawling all over you like ants to a clump of dropped Jell-o. And, on occasion, you let them."
I frown. "They didn't mean anything."
"That's my point, Lucas." I almost smack him for saying my full name. "You've never blushed at a girl before. Hell, you've been staring at her this whole time with a stupid grin on your face."
I widen my eyes and swing my head back to him. I didn't even realize that I was still looking at her. He puts both hands on either of my shoulders. "Just... Does she make you happy?"
I smile. "Happy is an understatement." I purposefully look back at her. She's scanning each page with a dreamy look in her earthy eyes. "She taught me what happiness feels like. What love feels like." I walk closer to the classroom, then lean against the doorframe. She's smiling now at the pages, probably reaching a big chapter. I hope she knows that for me, she's my whole story. "Her smile, Gray. I see her smile, and it's pure sunshine. My heart feels like it's glowing, y'know? And those eyes... there's forever in them. And thats just her physical beauty. She's so kind, to everyone. And unlike so many others, she doesn't do it for recognition or favours. She's kind because she knows what it's like to be treated without it. Even then, she's never bitter. She takes every bad thing that's happened to her and turns it into a lesson. She wants to give more to others than what life has given her. She wants to make people's day, just because she loves seeing people smile." I turn to him and nod my head. "And she loves me. I don't know how, or why, but she does. It actually scares me, because I've never been loved like this before, and I'm terrified of losing it. Of losing her. I tell her things I can't even tell myself. I've told her about all the dark parts of me, all the terrible things I've done, but she still looks at me like I'm the one who paints her night sky. She's incredible."
Grayson is quiet for a moment. "Do you think she's the one? This is it?"
I smile as she glances up from her book and waves at me. "Yeah, it's her. This is it."