first kiss

My eyes skip across the night sky, searching for familiar shapes.
    "Ah!" I exclaim, and point to the constellation shining in the ocean of black above us. "That's Orion's Belt, which means that,"  I make a circle with my finger, "is Orion The Hunter. On the left of which we can see Betelgeuse, and on the right, there's our Rigel."
    A low chuckle sounds beside me, and I turn my head to face him. "What?"
    "How in the world can you recognize those things?" Luc asks. His hazel eyes are shining, despite the darkness.
    I shrug. "I had a big window in my old house. No phone or TV in my room, or friends to chat with, so all that left me to talk to was the moon and her stars." I look back up. "They're wonderful listeners."
    He's silent for a moment, then he asks in a quiet voice:
    "What did you tell them?"
    I close my eyes and let the cool night breeze caress my cheeks.
    "I told them about my dreams; the ones that were laughed at by others. How one day, I wanted to write my own book. One day, I was going to fly up and visit them. How one day, I wanted to fall in love."
     I hear him shift beside me, but I keep my eyes closed.
    "Did they ever talk back?"
     I shake my head. "No, but their silence was what I found comfort in."
    I open my eyes and look his way, only to find brown freckled with green already looking back at me. He's propped up on his elbow, laying on his side.
    "I talk to the stars, too," he says.
     I smile. "And what do you tell them?"
    His eyes flicker about my face. "I tell them about you."
    He slowly moves so that his lips are inches away from mine.
   I dare myself to keep my eyes locked with his. "And do they ever respond?" I barely whisper.
    "Sometimes. With moments."
     He places his soft, soft lips on mine, and I close my eyes once more. I bring my hand to cup his jaw, and his slides between my head and the grass, his thumb stroking the start of my ear.
    He pulls back, and his gaze searches mine, as if to see my reaction.
    In response, I lift my head to meet his lips, with the same softness and passion as before. I feel him smile against my mouth, and I smile back as my head meets the ground again.
    Maybe we're written in the stars, or maybe the stars have written us.