~Chapter Thirteen~

Lando, Daniel, Natalie, Zak me and a few other McLaren members were on the first flight out to Budapest today, the rest of the team was going on a later one. We got offered which flight we preferred, so we chose an earlier one so we had more time to relax once we arrived.

"You look like you're going to travel the world" Lando said, placing his suitcase on the belt for it to get sent through to the plane.

"I packed extra because I'm going straight to Australia after this race" I informed him.

He looked at me and nodded. "I didn't realise you were going to Australia"

"Well we're going on a break for a while, and I thought it would be a good idea to go back to see my family for a while" I replied. "You should probably go see yours"

"Yeah" he smiled lightly. "I do kind of miss my family. Travelling the world is great and all but it's really good when you can just sit in the comfort of your own home surrounded by family"

"I'm sure they'd be delighted to see you when we get back" I gave him a small smile and walked over to Natalie who was having a conversation with Daniel.

"Do you plan on going back to Australia after this race?" she asked as I joined them.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go for a couple weeks. Haven't been back in so long, really looking forward to the Australian atmosphere" he said, you could see the excitement in his eyes.

"You're all leaving me this break?" Lando asked offended when he joined all of us.

"Thought you'd be glad to get rid of me?" I questioned, giving him a slight smirk.

"I could never get sick of you," he said softly with a smile. My smile disappeared and my heart skipped a beat. I looked up at him and made eye contact, I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. "I'm just kidding"

I cleared my throat slightly as I looked away. "Thought so" I made eye contact with Natalie and gave her a half smile then looked away. "I'm just going to run to the bathroom before we board"

"I'll come with you" Natalie responded quickly. "Watch this for me will you?" she asked Lando, handing him her bag that she didn't want to bring into the bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom and let out a small sigh. What he said kind of hurt me, but it shouldn't have. Why am I letting this get to me? I walked into one of the stalls, shutting it after me and sitting down on the toilet.

"Iz...are you ok?" Natalie asked as she walked into the bathroom.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I replied.

"I saw how your face dropped out there, what he said wasn't very funny"

"Nat, we are not going to talk about this in a public bathroom" I said, putting my head in my face and rubbing my eyes.

"Fine" she huffed. "We are going to talk about what is going on here eventually though"

"Whatever you say" I said, getting up and flushing the toilet.

"Ready for your potential last race with McLaren?" she asked as I walked out of the stall.

"As ready as I can ever be" I smiled. "That reminds me that I need to talk to Zak about all of this"

Natalie cleared her throat and folded her arms across her chest, giving me a glare. "And..?"

"Yes, I still need to tell Lando" I informed her. "I will do it before the end of the Hungary Grand Prix. I promise"