~Chapter Thirty~

United States.

That's where we currently are.

I like being here. It's very different to being at home in Australia or the UK.

First of all, everyone knows that you're an Australian when you're there. For example, certain words that we say can attract attention. Like the other day when we arrived in the US and were in the airport, I realised that I left my thongs at home. Someone turned around and gave me the dirtiest look because their child was there.

I had to apologise and clarify that a thong is a shoe. Like a flip flop or jandle. The look of relief on her face was priceless.

Lando thought it was absolutely hilarious though. And he liked to let everyone know that I left my thongs at home.

This spiked a video idea where they wanted Daniel and I to talk about Australian slang.

"This is going to go so well" I said, adjusting my hair before we started filming.

"Lando's not joining us is he?" Daniel questioned.

"No" Charlotte shook her head. "We're going to film a separate video later with him in it, you too Daniel"

"Ouch, cut" I laughed.

Daniel laughed. "You and Lando are the main source of viewers for this channel"

"We are not!"

Daniel titled his head and smirked. "If you say so"

"Ok guys, starting in 3...2...1"

"G'day, g'day" I smiled. "I'm joining with my fellow Australian Daniel Ricciardo, and we're going to talk you through some Australian words or slang"

"A picture is going to be held up for us and we have to say what it is," Daniel added.

"Ready?" I questioned.

Daniel nodded. "Ready"

Charlotte held up the first picture.

"That my friends is a rubber" I answered. "Or in other terms, an eraser"

"I love asking someone for a rubber and they give me this smirk" Daniel laughed. "I'm like mate I wish that's what I wanted. But no, just an eraser"

"Ok next" I indicated.

"Those are lollies," Daniel nodded. "It's a funny word, I like it"

"Like there's candy, sweets, and all that. But they seem quite boring don't they?"

"Lollies just sounds better," he shrugged.

"What's a snag?" Charlotte asked.

"A snag is a sausage sandwich. Like just plain bread and a sausage, maybe some onion and sauce" I answered. "And to clarify, it's different to a hot dog'

"Bunnings snags are my favourite thing ever" Daniel smiled. "I really miss those"

"We'll go make sure everyone has a snag when we go to Australia soon" I smiled.

"I really crave one now"

* * ˚

"Ok, we need Lando," Charlotte said. "I told him a time and he's not here"

"That doesn't really surprise me" I laughed, getting up out of the chair.

"He didn't pick up his phone either" she said, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"Do you want me to go find him?" I asked.