~Chapter Sixteen~

"Is that P4?" I questioned.

"I can confirm that you finished in P4." Will informed me.

I let out a relieved sigh and a small squeal. "Thanks guys. I really appreciate everyone that's helped me with my journey here in McLaren these past couple weeks"

"We're going to miss you next year Isabelle. From me and the rest of the team, you've done us proud"

I turned my radio off and took in everything around me. The crowd was cheering, everyone looked so thrilled and happy to be here at the Hungary Grand Prix. Everyone was spread out, wearing different colours to support their favourite driver or team.

The fact that I was going to be racing next year was still mind blowing to me. My dream were slowly coming true. If someone told me a couple years ago that I would be in formula one now, there's no way I'd believe it.

After finishing on the track, I drove back into the pit area and stopped the car and got out. I looked at the McLaren car and smiled in contentment. I told them that I'd do the very best that I could when I got into this car, and that's what I did.

"Congrats Izzy, you did great" Natalie said, placing her hand on my shoulder when she stood next to me.

"It's kind of sad to think that my time at McLaren is almost over" I sighed and looked at her after I took my helmet and balaclava off.

"Don't wish your time away. You've got several weeks remaining with this incredible team" she smiled. "You've got incredible memories here, but you're going to make incredible memories over there"

I looked over towards where the AlphaTauri garage was and saw Pierre getting out of his car. He took his helmet off and looked over at me, giving me a smile which I returned.

"Yeah, you're right," I nodded.

"Plus, you're going to have a hot teammate. You can't go wrong with that" she giggled.

"That's very true" I laughed at her.

"If you don't want him, I'm happy to take him" she nudged my arm.

"Why would I not want him?" I questioned, looking at her.

"You've got Lando" she stated.

Her statement took me back a little bit. There's no way that she knows what happened earlier. I just have to keep my cool and act like nothing happened. I'll inform her of everything when I have a better idea of the situation at hand.

"Do not" I rolled my eyes. "I thought you and Max had something," I teased.

"What?!" her voice raised slightly.

"I was joking, but the way your voice raised..." I looked at her trying to read her emotions.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she shrugged and walked back inside the garage.

I looked over to Daniel's side of the garage and saw him talking to his team and them all congratulating him and each other on today's performance. I saw Lando sitting on one of the chairs in the back talking to one of the members of his team.

He glanced over at me and gave me a soft smile. I looked down slightly then back up at him and returned the smile before heading over to Natalie. I'm so glad that she didn't see that because she would absolutely drill me for some kind of reasoning.

"We're going out tonight to celebrate the excellent work you've done for us the past couple weeks and you being a formula one driver for next season" Zak told me.

"Sounds great," I smiled. "Everyone's coming right?"

"Yes," he nodded. "Majority of the team anyway"