~Chapter Forty Three~

We all had a really lazy morning this morning. We all woke up around 11am and chose to go out and have lunch at a food truck area like half an hour later.

We all climbed into our rental car. Max chose to drive, and Lando sat in the passenger seat, which put Natalie and I in the back. We didn't mind though. We had the radio turned up really loudly and were singing our hearts out to whatever song came on that we all knew. Most of them were throwback songs, which was even better.

I filmed a little video of Natalie and I singing terribly to Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars and posted it to my instagram story. Once it was uploaded, she posted the same video onto her story. I made sure to leave Lando and Max's face out of it, and hoped that no one would analyse the video massively and recognise their unique loud singing.

People had already speculated that we'd gone on holidays together, but it wasn't trending or spreading around massively. But if something gets leaked of us two together, dating rumours are going to increase. Even though we were both bound to post on our instagrams of this trip, I still wanted it be be our choice when something was posted, not someone else's.

Once we'd arrived at the food truck area, Max parked the car and we made our way over.

"We should probably find a table first" Natalie said, looking between everyone.

I looked around and saw a table in the distance.

"Over there" I pointed. "How about I go sit at the table, and I'll get my food after you guys"

"What are you wanting to eat?" Lando asked.

I looked between all the different food trucks and my eyes landed on a Mexican truck.

"Tacos" I stated.

"Same as normal?" Natalie questioned and I nodded. "Right, we'll be back"

As they walked over to the food trucks to order themselves lunch, I made my way over to the free table. I decided to take this moment in, and look around my surroundings. 

The area wasn't super busy, but it was populated. Everyone was just minding their own business and going on about their day. All casually dressed and didn't look like they gave a damn about anything. Like they all had no problems going on in their life.

The birds were chirping and you could hear the faint sound of the waves from the beach in the distance, and you could smell the saltiness in the air.

I picked up my phone from the table and decided to scroll through my insta DMs while I waited for them to come back. I scrolled through a few of them before opening one and it instantly made me smile.

Ruby_xo: Hey Isabelle!! It's highly unlikely that you'll actually see this or even respond, I don't even think you'll remember me. I met you at a little cade in Styria earlier this year and I just thought that I'd let you know that I won one of my first major karting races the other day. It's honestly such a magical feeling, and I can't wait to see you with that feeling on the podium next year. When I found out you were going to AlphaTauri I literally screamed!! (not even joking, I have a video of me crying when I found out). You are still such an inspiration to me, and I hope that we can meet again soon!!

isabellemoore: Hey Ruby, it's so good to hear from you again. I'm so proud of you for winning your karting race the other day. I remember that feeling very well, and believe me, the feeling gets better and better with every win. I would also love to see that video of your reaction, I think it would make my day haha. Thank you for being my biggest fan and supporter and I hope to see you again soon too :)