~Chapter Seventeen~

Two weeks went by and I never heard a single thing from him. Hours, days and weeks went by with checking my phone every couple minutes to just end up disappointed. It kind of hurt to be honest, but I just brushed it off as nothing. I don't need a boy to get in the way of things.

"I can't believe that you leave me in a couple days. I'm going to miss having you here" my mum said from the kitchen.

I was at my mum's house today for dinner. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her and all my family before flying out for the Belgian Grand Prix. It'll definitely be different, not racing, but it won't be long before I'm back out there.

"You should come for one of the races next year" I replied, placing my phone down and going to sit at the counter.

"That would be great. You should invite your brothers. I'm sure Jackson would love to go" she replied, turning back to the pots on the stove.

"Jackson might, but Aiden wouldn't" I added.

Aiden and Jackson are my older twin brothers. They've been around my whole life, tormenting me, hating me, loving me, it's what siblings do. We were kind of close growing up, but the older we got the more we started to drift. The boys stayed close by I drifted from them.

"Maybe talk to them about it tonight over dinner" mum replied.

"I don't know, they can make up their own minds" I shrugged, tapping my phone, again being disappointed with his name not being there.

"Who's the guy?" she questioned.

"Excuse me?" I looked up at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"The guy you've been waiting to text you for the past couple weeks" she turned around and faced me.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I looked away from her.

My mother can read me like a book. She always has been able to do that. She wanted to become closer to me when my father passed away, and by doing so, she grew to learn everything about me and all the emotions associated with things.

"Well either you're absolutely addicted to a blank phone screen, or you're waiting for someone's message" she folded her arms with a smirk.

"It's no one" I rolled my eyes playfully with a smile.

"Well he's not worth your time if he's not even texting you" she took a deep breath and turned back around to the food.

"I'm starting to think the same thing" I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" my mum questioned.

"Nothing" I put on a fake smile.

"Hey hey!!" my brother Aiden said as he burst through the door with his girlfriend Lucy behind him.

"Lucy!!" I jumped up from my chair, rushing over to her and giving her a hug.

"Ahhh, I missed you" she smiled as we swayed back and forth.

My brothers and I may not be as close as we used to be, but I'm very good friends with Aiden's girlfriend Lucy. They've been together for over 2 years now, I've never seen him happier than he is now.

"Wow, I didn't even get a hello," Aiden said, offended.

"Hi Aiden" I laughed lightly. "How's life?"

"Pretty good" he let out a breath. "What about you? The newest driver in formula one, aye?"

I smiled. "Yeah...I'm really excited"

"We have to go watch you race one day" Lucy said as she walked over to see my mum.

"That would be amazing," I replied. "Where's Jackson?"