~Chapter Fifteen~

"Can you repeat what you just said?" I asked Zak, staring at him dead in the eyes. 

"Isabelle's moving to AlphaTauri next season Zak confirmed.

I felt my heart sink in my chest a little. She hasn't told me.

"When did this happen?" Daniel questioned.

"Do you guys not know about this?" Zak asked, looking between Daniel and I.

"No. No we did not" I snapped. 

Zak sighed. "I'm sorry guys, you should talk to Isabelle about it, it's her story to tell"

Zak gave us a sad smile and left the hospitality area.

"I can't believe it. I'm happy for her" Daniel said, trying to cheer up the mood.

"I can't believe it either" I said in a harsher tone and slouched in my chair.

"Lando please..." Natalie said softly.

"I'm guessing you already knew about this" I scoffed. "I mean, why wouldn't you? You're her best friend, I mean nothing to her"

"Lando you do not mean nothing to her. You mean way more to her than you realise" she tried to reassure me but my good mood was already gone.

"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes. "If she cared about me she would've told me"

"Do you think that she didn't tell you because she does care for you?" Daniel questioned.

"What does that have anything to do with it?" I replied.

"She won't admit it, but she's just scared to tell you. She doesn't wan to hurt you because of the move, you guys have gotten close recently" Natalie chimed in.

"I see the way you guys look at each other mate, there's something special between you two" Daniel added. 

"Well obviously not enough, because she didn't feel like she could tell me something this great" I replied and pulled out my phone, telling them that this conversation was over.

* ✷ ⊹ * ˚

Isabelle's POV

I felt great after those press interviews. They did go a little longer than expected, but they were great today. But I was really looking forward to just sitting down and hanging out with my friends this afternoon.

I grabbed my phone from my bag in my room after changing. I saw a message from Natalie telling me that they were in the hospitality area. I checked that I had everything and made my way over there.

I opened the door and saw Natalie, Daniel and Lando sitting at a table together. I gave Natalie a smile when we made eye contact, but she had a look of worry on her face.

"You ok?" I asked Natalie when I approached the table.

She sighed and gave me a worried expression. "You've got a bit of explaining to do"

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Congrats on your offer to be the second driver for AlphaTauri next year, I'm really happy for you" Daniel smiled, standing up and giving me a hug. My heart sank when I realised that they'd now found out from someone else.

"Thanks..." I said softly.

"Zak told us," Daniel shrugged. "I'm guessing you were wanting to do it first"