~Chapter Forty Two~

Isabelle's POV

I was sitting out on the back deck of the house we were staying at, overlooking the water. Everything was so calm and peaceful. Unlike the race track where it's always moving and you're always doing something.

I chose to post a cute little photo of the water with the reflection of the moon on it onto my instagram story. Once I'd pressed the upload button, I turned my phone off and placed it beside me.

I uncrossed my legs and dipped my feet into the water, moving them around slowly. The water was a comfortable temperature and completely see through. Which made me a lot more comfortable with going swimming it because I can actually see what's underneath me.

"Hey," Natalie said from behind me, I turned around and gave her a small smile. "Max and I are heading to the grocery store to get some food. Do you have any special requests?"

"Cookies?"

"Chocolate chip or double choc chip?" she asked.

"Double choc chip please" I answered.

"Easy done" she nodded. "Why don't you go for a swim?"

"I'm thinking about it," I replied.

"Lando's in his and Max's room. I'm sure he'll go swimming with you" she smirked.

"I think I'm good on that part" I answered with a small laugh.

"Ok" she shrugged. "Well, we'll be back soon. Don't get into any trouble"

"I won't" I smiled and turned back to the water when she walked away.

I heard the front door open with a quiet conversation and laughter between Natalie and Max. I smiled to myself thinking about how happy she was when she got to hug Max earlier today. They've been inseparable since we've gotten here, and we've only been here for a few hours.

I looked up at the stars and the moon, smiling. Thoughts of my dad entered my mind and even though I missed him, today was a good day and there was no reason to be sad. Just thinking of him made me realise that I should probably call my mother. I haven't really spoken to her since our massive fight. Jackson and Aiden had messaged me a few times over the past weeks, checking up on me and making sure that I was ok.

I decided that I should text my mum, just to make sure she's doing ok.

Isabelle: Hey mum, sorry I haven't reached out for a while. Been a bit busy recently. I'm currently in Hawaii right now, but at the end of this trip I would love to call you and have a chat.

I let out a small and quiet breath as I placed my phone back down. I looked back at the sky. "Don't worry dad, I'm not ending my relationship with her. I just needed time" I whispered.

I looked back down at the water and my feet moved round in slow circles, creating a ripple in the water.

A small ding was heard from my phone and I tapped the screen, seeing my mum's name appear.

Mum: Hi honey, I heard from your brothers about your trip, it sounds fun! I would love to catch up and have a chat with you after your trip. Have fun in Hawaii, talk to you soon xx