~Chapter Forty Nine~

Saturday.

Quali day.

Practice 3 had just ended, with a solid result in P7. One position better than in the second practice. We had a quick meeting afterwards to talk about strategies for quali this afternoon and how they want us to perform.

The track looks good and decent. I think it's a nice track to start the year off with.

Pierre and I were sitting in the hospitality area, having a quick snack before we needed to get back out there.

"Ready for quali?" he asked.

"I think I am," I said, taking a mouthful of my food.

"You showed improvement from the practices, surely quali will be quiet good" Pierre reassured me.

"I'm just hoping to get through to Q3, but Q2 would be enough for me" I shrugged.

Pierre leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest. "Would that really satisfy you though?"

I placed my food back down on my plate, and dusted my hands. "Ok, no. I will be satisfied if I made it to Q3. But I don't want to give myself high expectations and standards when it's my first week"

"Fair enough," he shrugged. "But you shouldn't give yourself such low expectations either. You're a great driver Izzy, and you've proved that. Get out there this afternoon, and keep proving that to everyone. Show them that you deserve to be here as much as everyone else"

I gave Pierre a small smile, then picked up my food again, taking a bite.

My phone buzzed from beside me and I hovered over it, waiting for the face ID to work to see who the message was from. When it unlocked, Lando's name appeared on my screen.

Lando: Good luck out there this afternoon. You'll kill it.

I quickly replied with a simple, 'thanks, you too :)' then turned my phone off, placing it back down.

I looked back up at Pierre who had a massive smirk on his face.

"Do you want to fill me in on why lover boy was in your room yesterday?" he asked.

"He came to tell me that I did well in practice, considering it was my first week and stuff"

Pierre looked me dead in the eyes. "Uh huh. So there wasn't any..."

"No," I stated.

Pierre put his hands up in defence and laughed.

"Don't you have to be talking with your team or something?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

Pierre shook his head. "Nope. I'm as free as a bird for the next hour or so"

"Great" I said sarcastically, and slouched in my chair.

My phone buzzed again but this time it was from Natalie.

"Lover boy again?" Pierre questioned.

I glared at him and showed him my phone screen. "It's from Natalie if you must know"

Nat: Good luck for qualifying this afternoon, I'll be

cheering for you!! I have some things that i need to

do this afternoon, so I may not be on my phone 

once you've finished. But I'll text you as soon