~Chapter Twenty Seven~

We were a couple weeks into the second half of the season. We had a break this week and I decided that I would fly back to Australia for a couple days to see my family. I haven't spoken to my mum since I was there last, and I haven't spoken to the others since the events unfolded.

I was mainly flying back to meet this Greg guy. I don't know if my mum knows that I know yet, but I'm going to stay with Natalie just so I can have space if needed.

I walked through the gates and looked around to try and spot my best friend in the crowd of people. It didn't take long to spot her because she was standing on a chair to make herself appear tall. Natalie and I aren't very tall girls, so we need to make ourselves stand out somehow.

"ISABELLE MOORE!!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I questioned in a joking way.

"No, you don't. I'm here to kidnap you" she smiled.

"God I missed you" I replied, bringing her in for a hug.

"Were you never taught to stay away from strangers. If I was a real kidnapper you'd be dead" she stated while laughing.

"If you were going to kidnap me, I'd kill you first" I titled my head and gave her the look.

"Fair enough," she shrugged.

We started walking towards her car. I put my bags into the boot and then got into the passenger seat, putting on my seat belt and connecting my phone to her car through bluetooth.

"So, how have you been doing recently?" Natalie asked, pulling out of the car park.

I sighed. "I've been doing a lot better recently?" Natalie asked, pulling out of the car park.

I sighed. "I've been doing a lot better recently. Going to see my mother probably isn't going to help"

"You had to come talk to her eventually" she stated.

"Yeah I know. I'm just not sure what I'm going to say yet" I replied.

"You never run out of words, you'll find something" Natalie laughed.

I leaned my elbow on the window rest, leaning my chin on my hand. Everything has been so eventful recently, that I just needed this break away from everyone and everything.

"Has um, Lando spoken to you about anything recently?" Natalie asked nervously.

"No?" I questioned, turning my head towards her. "Why?"

"No reason" she smiled softly, keeping her eyes on the road.

"What's happened?" I asked worriedly. Natalie stayed silent, she only stays quiet when she's hiding something. "Natalie"

She sighed. "I may or may not of gone off at him on the phone a couple weeks ago"

I let out a small laugh. "And why did you do that?"

"Because someone needs to put the man in his place" she shrugged.

"Well I'm glad someone did" I scoffed.

"So you aren't mad at me for going off at him?" she questioned.

"Nope" I shook my head. "Lando's used to people loving him, it's good to show him that you don't"

"God, I could never love him the way you do," she said with a chuckle.

My eyes widened. "I do not love him!"

"Mhm" she hummed. "Anyway, I didn't mean it in that way. You love him as a friend don't you?"

"My thoughts and feelings towards him are a bit mixed at the moment" I admitted.