~Chapter Twenty Three~

Isabelle's POV

Italy.

Gotta love Italy.

Everything here is so fresh and unique. One of my favourite places in the world.

Today's a hard day for me and my family, and I really wish I could be there with them. Today is the 5 year anniversary of my fathers death. I plan on going to the beach tonight to relax and just be in my thoughts.

I was in the middle of eating my lunch in this small little cafe when a familiar face sat down in the chair facing me.

"Good day to you fine sir" I smiled, then took a bite from my sandwich.

"And you too, you fine lady" he nodded slightly.

"What can I do for you Pierre?" I questioned.

"Nothing," he shrugged. "Just walking about the town before beading to the track in about an hour. You?"

I let out a sigh. "Trying to have a relaxing day"

"Am I interrupting your very relaxing day?" he leaned back in the chair with a smirk on his face. 

"Very much so" I stated firmly, but he could tell that I was joking from the small giggle that left my lips afterwards.

My phone dinged and I saw a message from Natalie.

Natalie: Remember to breathe today.

 I'm a phone call away if you need me! 

Thinking of you x 

"You got plans tonight?" he asked.

"I do actually" I cleared my throat.

"And what may they be?" he questioned.

I didn't feel like telling Pierre what today was just yet, but I did really want some company tonight. Part of me really wanted Lando there with me, but I knew that he wasn't the right person to ask.

"Do you want to come to the beach with me tonight?" I asked, making eye contact.

"Yeah, sure," he smiled. "What for?"

"I'll explain when we're there. But you don't need a swim suit or anything" I informed him.

"Ok" he nodded. "Sounds like a plan"

* ✷ ⊹ * ˚

The sun was starting to set and Pierre had just parked the car at the beach I chose to go to.

We took our shoes off once we reached the sand and walked down closer to the ocean. We sat a few metres back from the shore, close enough to hear the waves crashing against the sand, but far enough away that we wouldn't get wet. 

We just sat there in silence watching the sun set in front of us. Pierre knew that something about this was important to me, so he just followed what I did. He could tell that I didn't feel like talking, so we sat in a comfortable silence.

Once the sun had fully set and the stars overtook the sky above, I let out a content sigh and placed my hands behind me, leaning backwards.

"They're beautiful aren't they" I stated, looking at the stars.

"Not as beautiful as you" he smirked.

"Smooth Pierre, smooth" I giggled lightly.

"What made you choose the beach?" he asked, turning his attention towards me.