CHAPTER 1

GIOVANNA

"No, Papa." I said and crossed my arms above my chest. "Alexandría Giovanna, you've been good girl for all these years. Why can't you become one right now?" he asked problematically.

"Because you are being so unreasonable, Papa. You are asking me to be away from you. You are my family, h-how can a family be departed from each other, Papa?" I asked him and I can see how frustration he is.

I stomped on my feet. "Huwag mo akong dabugan, Giovanna." he speaked in filipino and I fixed myself. He is mad. "Papa, I-I can't leave you here all alone. Our world is getting danger." I said to him.

He pointed me his finger. "And that is why I am asking you to leave the country! I am saving you from this chaos, Giovanna! You are my only daughter, I can't lose you." he said and sat down on his executive chair. We are on his office in our house.

I bow my head and sob. "I am afraid the moment I leave the country is the moment I will lose you, Papa. I'd rather die here with you than anything, Papa. Please let me stay with you here." I begged as my tears run down to my cheeks.

I saw how tears fell in his eyes. The mighty Alessandro De Rossi is crying in front of me. I felt him stood up from his chair and went beside me.

"I trust and believe in you, Giovanna. I didn't raised a girl, I raised an empowered woman." he convinced but I just cried and he hugged me tightly so I did the same. "I am afraid too, Princess. But I will do everything to bring you home again, trust me." he said and we just cried while standing.

"Vanna, dapat matuto ka ng magsalita ng filipino kapag nandoon na tayo sa Pilipinas." Nanay Aida said. She's a filipina, a single. She devoted her all life to serve and take care of me. She's an orphan raised by my grandmother.

"Opo." I fluently and sadly said to them, they clapped. "Ang galing naman ng alaga namin!" Nanay Sheila said and kissed my cheeks so I smiled to them. "Ganiyan! Dapat ngumingiti ka palagi kasi nakakaganda pero kahit hindi ay maganda ka pa rin." Nanay Sheila added and fixed my hair on my ear.

"Hinding-hindi ka namin pababayaan sa Pilipinas, anak. Pupunan namin ang lahat ng kulang sayo sa abot ng aming makakaya." she said so I smiled and nodded to them. "M-maraming salamat po sa inyo." I said and sobbed.

I am so crybaby right now because the moment I agreed to my father's plan is the day we'll fly to Philippines.

"Pero Vanna, huwag kang magpapalinlang sa lahat ng mga matao. Matuto kang pakiramdaman mo silang lahat dahil hindi lahat ng taong nagpapakita sayo ng kabaitan ay sinsero na sila, minsan may nakatago silang plano laban sa iyo." Nanay Aida warned me so I felt fear.

"Kaya itatago natin ang iyong tunay na katauhan, ang pangalan mo ay Giovanna Domingo. Hihiramin mo ang apelyido ko." Nanay Aida said. "Why does it sounds good?" I asked them and they laughed.

"Kahit anong apelyido ay maibabagay pa rin sayo, anak. Ikaw talaga." sabi ni Nanay Aida sa akin so I smiled.

"Shall we go?" Papa asked us. We nodded I stood up and put my bagpack on my back. Papa held my hand tightly. "It hurts me to send you away but I know that you'll be safe Papa will do everything I can to bring you back here, okay? I will make the world safer for you." he said and kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry I'll always call you. Papa will miss you so much." he added. "Me too, Papa. I will wait your call." I said to him. We headed straight to the airport and I saw my father shed a tear when we departed and I cried hard when I see him turning his back on me because our flight called.

Indeed, airport witness every eyes and hearts crying because they have to depart with their loved ones. It's one of the saddest place on earth that I knew. I don't know what is waiting for me in the Philippines.