CHAPTER 3

GIOVANNA

Hapon na at napagpasyahan kong mag-walis sa aming bakuran habang si Chandra ay nagluluto naman sa kusina. Magsusunog na rin ako dito para maalis daw 'yung lamok. Hindi bale purong dahon 'to at walang halong non-biodegrable.

Napatingin ako sa daan na sunod-sunod naman na naglabasan mula sa dulo ang mga mamahaling sasakyan.

"Hay nako, kumpleto ang magpipinsan na De Tierra kaya lalabas ang mga iyan para magpunta sa Manila." sabi ni Nanay Aida sa akin at napatango naman ako. I suddenly miss my car in London. "Ano naman po ang gagawin nila doon?" tanong ko sa kaniya.

"Syempre, mag-babar ang mga iyan at mambabae." sagot niya and I agreed. Halata naman na mga babaero sila, no need to justify.  Because it's obvious.

"Lalo na si Sylvester na siyang nabangga mo." dagdag niya kaya sumimangot ako saka nagpadyak. "Nanay, aksidente po iyon. Saka malay ko bang lampa ang isang yon." naka-nguso kong sabi. Pinandilatan niya ako ng mata.

"Mag-ingat ka sa kanila, Giovanna. Isipin mo na temporary lang ang pananatili mo dito dahil babalik din sa dati na babalik ulit tayo sa London." sabi niya kaya tumango ako at ngumiti sa kaniya.

Ipinagpatuloy ko ang aking ginagawa. The man I just bumped with yesterday is screaming a dangerous aura. He is not the type of man you should be with.

Before I go to bed I'm going to talk with my Papa through video call.

"Hello, Papa!" I greeted him the moment he answered my call. It's nine in the evening here and it's two in the afternoon in London. Philippines is seven hours behind London, United Kingdom.

"Hello, Giovanna. How are you? I am sorry I wasn't able to call you yesterday because I am tired from work." he said as I can clearly see his visible wrinkles. My papa is not that old yet but he is turning one right now.

"Papa, I've finished my study in business administration if you did not sent me here maybe I'm one of the people who are helping you solve the massive loss." I said still trying my luck if he can have me back.

He smirked.

"Stop trying your luck because there is no chance that it'll work." he said so I stomped my feet and pouted.

"Anyway, answer my question. How are you?" he asked.

"It's still the same, I'm Giovanna Domingo. Living a different life from Alexandría Giovanna De Rossi." I said to him and he chuckled.

"Nanay Aida and Nanay Sheila are reporting to me on what you have been done and through all day. You are making me proud of each day, Giovanna." he said and my heart melted with it.

"By the way, I'm glad you sent Chandra here. Thank you so much!" I said and he nodded at me.

"Your best friend is going to die without seeing you, Chandra had been pestering me since the day you were gone. She said that you are her master." Papa said so I laughed hard. What the hell is she talking about?

"Chandra has a potential on becoming an actress someday." I said and Papa laughed. My father is still doing fine because he can still laugh.

"You know what, Papa. Are you familiar with De Tierra?" I asked him and he nodded. "Your grandfather has only connection with them. I only met the eldest son of that family, why?" he answered.

"The huge land that surrounds our house, they owned them. Imagine, the seven hectares they own it." I said to him and he is attentively listening to my stories.

"Aside from it, I've met the eldest grandson of that family. Is it my fault that he is lampa?" I said and Papa laughed at it again with clapping his hands. "Giovanna, you are just more than two months there and you caused..him what? fell on the ground?" Papa commented.