CHAPTER 40

SYLVESTER DE TIERRA

Three months of my life living in hell. I get back to work and keep myself busy so I will never got the chance to think about Giovanna but at the end of the day I am still thinking and wondering about her.

"Sylvester," tawag sa akin ni Ate Lystra. She is Lancelot's older sister. I look at her. "What?" I asked her.

"Nothing I just want to ask you if you're okay," she said so I shook my head. "I am not," I answered honestly. Lumapit ito sa akin at yumakap. Her hugs bring warmth to my cold soul but nothing is warmest when I am in Giovanna's arms.

"I heard what you did and I am not proud about it. I hope you've learned now, Sylvester. Does the effect of what you did caused you satisfaction?" she asked and I hug her tighter. "It's not, it kills me every second by not seeing her," I said and she tapped my back.

Kumalas siya sa pagkakayakap sa akin. "You are one of my younger brothers and it pains me to see you breaking like this, what do you want me to do to take the pain away?" she asked and I stared at her.

Ate Lystra is working with De Rossi Empire, she's the one who is handling our hotel business with them. She knows about the mafia of that family.

"I want to enter their group," I said and she gasped. "That's dangerous, Sylvester! Umalis ka na nga kay Samonte hindi ba? Bakit ka pa babalik sa ganoong klaseng buhay?! Nagpapakamatay ka ba? Sabihin mo dahil ako na lang ang papatay sayo," sabi niya sa akin at umirap ako sa kaniya.

"Ang labo mo, Ate. Ito ang gusto ko nga," sabi ko at namomoblemang hinawakan niya ang kaniyang noo. "Do you love Giovanna?" she asked suddenly.

I smile with my heart says. "I am... I am in love with her," I said with my purest sincerity. She smiled at me sadly but her eyes are glowing with happiness. "That's good, Sylvester. I'll fly tonight in Italy to introduce you with Alexander De Rossi," sabi ni Ate Lystra sa akin.

Ate Lystra succeeded when she help me enter the group, my family went ballistic for a while but due to my determination wala rin silang nagawa sa desisyon kong ito. Now, I am lying on the dirty ground because I just finished the final round of combat fighting with five people.

They are all lying unconsciously while the rain is pouring down to my face. Narinig ko ang huni ng pito na nagmumula kay Alexander De Rossi. I am one of the lucky people who got the chance to be selected among the other applicants.

Kahit dapit-hapon na ay patuloy pa rin ang iba sa pakikipaglaban. May lumapit sa akin na dalawang lalaki na nakasuot sila ng rain coat at inalalayan akong tumayo. "The boss is calling you," sabi nila kaya tumango ako at naglakad kasama nila papunta kay Mr. De Rossi.

Pumasok kami sa loob ng isang kwarto nang dadalawa lamang kami. I gulped with the idea that he will punch me until I lost my breathe. He doesn't seem like ballistic but I do not trust that calmness in his face.

"I am ready to drop you from the group but I can't just ignore your fighting skills and strategies that will benefit the group," sabi niya sa akin at humawak pa sa lamesa na nasa harapan ko. Nakaupo ako sa isang upuan habang siya ay nakatayo.

Hindi ko alam kung matutuwa ako sa sinabi niya dahil pinuri niya ako. He is seeing me as a potential member of his group. "I don't want you to get near my daughter that's why I am thinking twice if I'll accept you or not," sabi niya sa akin at napaiwas ako ng tingin nung naramdaman ko ang bahagyang pagkirot ng puso ko sa tinuran niya.

I understand him. Dumaan ang isang tahimik na pagkakataon sa aming dalawa and I can see that he is having an internal crisis right now.

"Welcome to the group, in my alpha team," maawtoridad nitong sabi sa akin at saka lumabas na ng tuluyan habang iniwan akong nakatulala. Pagkatapos noon ay agad akong naligo at kumain na saka humiga sa aking kama. Inilabas ko ang wallet ko mula sa aking bag saka tinignan ang picture ni Giovanna.