EPILOGUE

Thank you that you've reached this part with me! :)

ALEXANDRÌA GIOVANNA

I even said in front of his annoying face that I'll spend my remaining years with other man who will treat me the way I should be treated. But now, I am walking down the aisle with my parents while he is waiting for me patiently in the altar.

It's our wedding day today. How funny that I cursed him and cursed myself to never cross our paths again but here I am I agreed to be with him for the rest of our lives.

My mother is squeezing my arm while my father is crying. "I-I never imagine that this day came so fast," Papa said while crying so I smiled. "Papa, iyak ka nang iyak. Ikakasal lang naman ako at hindi magbabago na anak mo pa rin ako," I assured him and he nodded his head.

"Ang tanda mo na napakaiyakin mo," pang aasar ni Mama na umiiyak din naman gaya niya. Pinakausapan ko si Tito na kung maaari lang ay kasama ko si Mama na maglalakad sa aisle kasama si Papa and Tito agreed.

"Bakit ko naman ipagkakait sayo ang bagay na ito, anak?"

Mama married an amazing man, a man who can put up with her and I am glad that the man I am going to marry has the same blood as him. Hindi ko naman sinasabi na hindi amazing si Papa bilang isang lalaki of course that is given because he raised me with all of his might.

I am looking at the faces of our invited visitors here, actually, it's an intimate wedding. The visitors are family members and close friends only. We do not need to prove our love to all of people, sa mga taong importante lamang sa buhay namin ang kailangan makakita nito.

Nanay Aida is carrying our child in her arms, she's wearing a pink dress. "Mama!" she yelled and so I waved at her. Habang papalapit kami kay Sylvester pakiramdam ko bumabagal ang lahat.

I am going to marry my first boyfriend. Isa ito sa mga pangarap ko kaya hindi ako nagkaroon ng karelasyon agad dahil gusto ko ang first boyfriend ko ang magiging asawa at ama ng aking mga anak.

Nung magkaharap na kami ay ayaw pa akong pakawalan ni Papa. "Papa, please let me have your daughter now, you know that I've waited this moment," Sylvester pleaded and my heart melts.

"Alagaan mo ang prinsesa ko, Sylvester. Hindi ko ipapaubaya sayo iyan para lang saktan mo," pagbabanta ni Papa dito.

"Hindi ako magdadalawang-isip na itakwil kita, Sylvester," banta rin ni Mama kaya napakamot naman si Sylvester sa kaniyang ulo at natawa naman ako.

For the last time I hug my parents as a single woman.

Sylvester held my hand tightly kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya. "Hinding-hindi na kita papakawalan," sabi niya sa akin kaya napangiti ako at tumango. "Hinding-hindi na," I agreed.

The ceremony started and the priest said.

"Love bears all things, believe all things, hope all things, endures all things. Love never fails," he said.

Tumatak sa isipan ko ang sinabi niyang iyan. If it fails, it's not love. What we have right now is a love that endures and never fails. We departed in painful way before and now back with each other's arms. People really come and go in our lives, some of them comes back because they are deserving to stay in our life now. That's how life works.

After putting our wedding rings to each other.

"Giovanna, my love. I am not the one you prayed for but you are the one that I prayed for to spend my remaining lives. I failed you sometimes and I am always beyond grateful that you'll always find forgiveness and love despite all those things. I am standing here in front of the creator, our families, our friends and in front of you, I devoted my whole lifetime to stay faithful, loyal, responsible, and to keep loving you at all times," sabi niya habang may tumatakas na luha mula sa mga mata niya.