chapter 15 : flashbacks

𝗘𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

The sentence catching both me and Kayla offguard considering the fact that we both knew the engagement was off. And for some weird reason the voice sounded familiar but I couldn't pin my mind on it. I turned around to reply when I was immediatly stepped back after looking into the eyes of the person before me. Alex? I asked to myself in confusion. What is he doing here? What fiancé? And the most triggering one. Will he try anything? "Oh hell no." Kayla abruptly said.

"Not this again. She doesn't want to see you." She said walking up to him using her hands to shoo him away. "Hold on a second. Seeing you in person after all these years really does something to a man Evie. I mean not that it's the first time I've heard about you from people since then though." What is he talking about? I haven't spoken to none of our old "friends" since before I switched colleges. So then who did he hear about me from?

"I must admit I was a bit suprised to hear that you were with Alexis let alone that she was with you." How did he know lex?  Seriously what is going on? "Excuse me but what in the world around are talki-" My words being cut off by Kayla. "Don't listen to anything this delusional man has to say. Hey you." She said while pointing to Alex. "Listen to me clearly Alexis does not want to see you. Seriously what's not clicking?" Wait? Alexis what does she have to do anything? Then I realized.

The Alex she was engaged to was him? Ohmygod. Just thinking about it made me want to vomit. I noticed that I was lost in my thoughts when Kayla began speaking to me. "Finally he's gone. He always comes demanding to see Alexis and it's the same anwser every time honestly I don't know why he doesn't just give up. By the way do you guys know each other seems like you were talking about something serious?" She asked with a confused scrunched up face. "Uh no like you said he's delusional he was speaking nonsense." I said nervously knowing I was a terrible liar. She just looked at me face struck with disbelief.

"Erm okay well when he comes here again because I already know he will if you see him and I don't make sure to tell him to "Fuck off". She said the last bit making me chuckle. "Yeah I definitely will." I said with a smile on my face. "Well I'll see you later i'm gonna see what Lex is up to." I said in a blank tone as I began to make my way to Alexis's office. I opened the door and walked in she took notice of my presence and stopped what she was doing luckily she wasn't doing much just looking over some paperwork.

"Hey what's up?" She asked as she pushed her body onto mine to wrap her hands around my waist while she leaned in to kiss me. "Nothing much just wanted to let you know your fiancé dropped by..." I said staring down at our intertwined hands to avoid eye contact. "He didn't try anything did he? I told him to stop showing up here." She said hint of anger in her voice. "No. He didn't try anything. Why would he?" I asked. Voice stern and calm.
"I just thought given your history with him- you know what nevermind honestly it doesn't even matter really." Her stammering her words definitely not helping the situation.

𝗔/𝗡
𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗺𝘆 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘇𝘆 𝗿𝗻.
also should I add the new text to speech to all the chapters ?