- 50 -

-3 YEARS LATER-

You followed the two girls down the sidewalk as you laughed with them.

"And then at the end of the movie, he crawled out of the literal wall. The wall, (Y/n)." Marinette turned to you, emphasizing her words. Alya snickered, shaking her head. You nodded. "Then what?" You asked. Marinette paused, still looking at you.

"I forgot." Alya let out a loud laugh. "Classic Marinette." She said. You laughed.

The three of you were headed towards Marinette's bakery, celebrating Nino's birthday there. The whole thing had been arranged by both Marinette and Alya. After graduating from school, you all kept in touch and hung out pretty often, attending the same college making that simple. Marinette was in for design, Alya for journalism, and yourself for psychology. Helping other with their thoughts really felt like your calling. The three of you finally reached your destination and entered the bakery, waving hello to Marinette's parents, before stepping in to help out with the rest of the desserts for the night of Nino's birthday. You all wanted to make it the best day you could for him.

While in the back kitchen, chatting with Sabine, Marinette's mother, you heard Nino's voice in the front by the bakery's entrance.

"The party has arrived!" You heard laughter softly before entering the room. There was Nino, Mylene, Ivan, Rose, Juleka, Kim, and finally, Adrien.

After he had revealed his identity to you, he made the bold decision of revealing himself to Alya, Marinette and Nino. Marinette had revealed she was Ladybug at the same time, shocking everyone even more. But after that, and a little bit of adjusting, you were all closer than ever and things had been amazing. Adrien had been traveling, not being able to see you all the time made him upset at first, but a lot of reassurance and video calls eased it a lot more. It had been 3 weeks since you'd last seen him and here he was. You smiled at him, which he returned.

Saying happy birthday to Nino, and catching up with the classmates you hadn't seen in a while, you grabbed Adrien's hand, leading him to the side, away from the rest of the group and closer to the stairs by the entrance.

He hugged you, holding you tightly. You swung from side to side, laughing a little. Looking up at him, he looked down to kiss you.

"Fucking finally. I'm never letting you go." He said. You smiled brighter. "Then don't." You said. He leaned down to kiss you once more, this time a little more passionate. Nino groaned.

"Don't start making out here!" He shouted. You snickered, your cheeks turning a little red at the sudden attention on you two. Adrien chuckled, pulling away from you, grabbing your hand instead.

He did say he wasn't going to let go of you.

Looking around the room, you could feel the happiness residing in every individual in the room. Laughter filling the air, pure happiness. You felt a nudge on your shoulder and turned to Adrien.

"Penny for your thoughts, princess?" He said. You turned to him. "Nothing much. Just happy." He let out a small chuckle, squeezing your hand.

"Hey Adrien!" Alya's voice spoke. Adrien looked up, behind you as Alya grabbed your unoccupied hand.

"The girls and I are gonna be stealing (Y/n) if you don't mind." Alya said, pulling you along with her.

"Oh I mind, Césaire." Adrien said. You looked at Alya, snickering. "Jesus Agreste, you'll have forever with her, just give us the girl,"

"In your dreams,"

You looked over at Adrien. "I'll just be right upstairs in Marinette's. We won't be long." You said. Adrien sighed, letting go of your hand. You smiled at him. Alya pulled you as soon as she got the chance and you and the girls left the room.

After hours of partying with your friends, and later on doing the same with the rest of the group, everyone got tired quickly. Most of the guys drank, including Adrien, leaving you responsible to take him home.

His arm over your shoulder, you dragged Adrien along with you on the sidewalk. It was a short walk back to your apartment, so you definitely didn't mind the walk. After a few minutes of Adrien rambling about how hot it was, you finally arrived home. Adrien fell onto your bed, getting comfy almost immediately under the covers. Shaking your head with a slight smile spread on your face, you walked into your bathroom, taking a shower and changing into a fresh pair of clothes. Leaving the bathroom you shut your bedroom lights off, leaving only the moonlight through your curtains shining on Adrien's face. You smiled and got into your bed. Under the warm sheets lying next to Adrien on your bed, you turned to him, his eyes closed.

His light skin almost glistened under the moonlight as you searched his features. Everything about this boy was perfect. You'd known long before that he was the one for you. You saw everything in him. A family, a home, a happy life with him. God knows what would've happened if you had minded your own business the day you first saw Chat Noir. Maybe you would've never spoken to him. Never known Adrien.

You let out a small sigh, almost laughing at the thought. Imagine that. Never bumping into Adrien the first day of school. How crazy. Or not at all. You were sure you would've never felt the adrenaline he gave you. Smiling to yourself, you leaned forward, kissing Adrien's forehead.

"Goodnight Adrien. I love you."

To think you gained all of this because you trusted him.

And you wouldn't trade it for anything else.

——————-

stop it im emotional right now. seriously i cannot thank you all enough for even opening this story. for the readers that waited for updates, and have been reading while this entire story has been very slowly published, thank you. from the bottom of my heart.

i cannot believe this story is done, it seems like the end of an era.

2 years is how long i worked on this. and i regret not a single second of it.

thank you for loving trust.

much love, unzi <3.