- 6 -

CHAPTER 6

"Adrien hasn't come to school for a while." You sighed, talking to yourself as you looked over to the empty seat next to you.

You felt bored. Not having Adrien to draw on your hand as you placed it on the table, and when he would poke you in the stomach and tickle your kneecap under the desk as you answered a question.

You miss him. He was funny, delightful, kind, sweet, playful, clumsy, and smart. There wasn't one thing the boy couldn't do.

You sighed once more as the teacher handed out the homework for the night and you quickly packed your bag before the bell rang.

When it finally rang, you rushed out the classroom and towards the door. You were supposed to give Adrien his homework for the days he was missing. You walked to his house, and rung the doorbell. A camera flew out of nowhere and zoomed into your face.

"Who is it?" You heard a female voice speak and you smiled nervously.

"I'm a friend of Adrien's, I'm here to give him his homework and explain it to him." You said. The camera zoomed back in and the gates to the house opened.

"Up the steps, last room to the right." You heard. You nodded and walked into the house, it was quiet.

You went the way the voice told you to: Up the steps, and into the last room in the hallway to the right. You knocked on the door.

"Nathalie, I'm a little busy right now!" You heard Adrien's voice. You sighed in relief.

He was okay.

"Um, Adrien. It's actually Y/n!" You responded. It was silent, before you heard. a crash from inside.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

"Yeah, you can come in." He said. You smiled and walked in, gasping as you saw the room.

"Wow." You let out a breath. Adrien sat on the edge of his bed and you smiled at him.

"Hey Y/n." He said. You narrowed your eyes.

"Don't 'hey' me! What about starting with why you haven't been at school?" You asked the boy, walking closer.

Adrien smiled as you sat down on his bed next to him.

"I had a modeling thing, in America. I went for two weeks and I got back just 2 hours ago." He said. You nodded, understanding.

"That makes sense." You said.

Adrien turned to you. He pulled you in for a hug.

"I missed you."

You felt your face flush slightly as you hugged the boy back.

"I missed you too, Adrien." You replied.

Adrien pulled away and sighed.

"Be honest with me, I heard Chat Noir hasn't been seen around much. Is it true?" He asked. You sighed, frowning. You turned to face forward and closed your eyes.

"Yeah. I haven't seen him much. If im being honest, I only met him once but he already seems like an ideal person. He seems like an amazing friend and a great companion to Ladybug. I'm pretty sure they're very happy together." You smiled slightly. Adrien choked on air.

"Are you okay?" You asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah, I just..I really don't think they're dating. I heard Ladybug is dating someone else." He said. Your eyes widened.

"How can he be single? He's amazing! What?Petition to get him a girlfriend, I'll sign!" You said. Adrien chuckled.

"You should tell him that!" He laughed. You grinned at him and poked his stomach. Adrien clutched his stomach in laughter and you watched him. As he wiped his tears, he turned towards you and his laughter finally died down.

He smiled at you, "Thank you for being my friend." He said. You looked down, feeling a blush spread across your cheeks, "Thank YOU. I'm forever gonna be in your debt, Adrien. You're the best. Surprisingly, you're also still here." You said, still looking down at the floor. Adrien shifted a little and you felt warmth on your chin as Adrien pulled your face towards him.

"I'll always be here." He said to you.
You smiled.

Because for some odd reason,

Those words seemed like enough.