- 45-

CHAPTER 45

"Y/n, come on! Geometry is not that hard!"

Alya's voice snapped you out of your thoughts and you were quick to realized you had zoned off in class. You turned to Alya, who sat beside you and quickly apologized before turning back to the paper in front of you. You quickly finished the equation in front of you and turned it in.

"What's going on with you? You seem super distracted," Alya said before pausing. She gasped quietly before leaning in close.

"Is it Chat Noir?" She whispered. You sighed and turned to Alya.

"Yeah, actually. It is." You said. Alya's mouth fell a little and you shook your head.

"Nothing insane like a breakup, just thinking about things." You told Alya. Alya hummed and nodded her head in an understanding way.

"Like what?" She asked. You looked away and turned towards the front of the room, where the teacher was teaching.

"His identity. Our future. How far are we gonna be able to take the relationship if he has to come secretly?" You answered Alya's question. Alya's mouth fell open even wider and she slapped your arm lightly.

"Are you kidding me? You're telling me, that boy loves you and you're overthinking things! Focus on the things going on now!" Alya said. You looked at Alya again, sitting up a little taller.

"You think he loves me?" You asked. Alya rolled her eyes.

"You see him everyday, he shows you constant affection, respects you, and sneakily stares at you constantly when you speak to other people. I believe he loves you." She said. Your heart warmed and you felt butterflies in your stomach.

You love him.

The bell rung loudly and Alya quickly got up, grabbing her things. You trailed behind her and kept your eyes down as you followed behind her closely. You looked up and suddenly a body came from nowhere and hit you, making you fall to the ground.

"Y/n! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" You heard a familiar voice. You looked up to make eye contact with Adrien. You smiled lightly and he held out his hand for you to take. He pulled you up and you fixed your shirt and bag.

"Sorry about that. I've been distracted lately and didn't pay attention." You said. Adrien shook his head.

"It's completely fine. Are you okay? Did you hit your head or anything?" Adrien asked. You nodded.

"I'm fine, don't worry." You chuckled. Adrien nodded.

"Walk with me?" He asked you, pointing towards the front doors of the school. You smiled and nodded once as you walked beside him.

"Why have you been distracted? Everything okay?" He asked. You looked at him and sighed.

"Uh, yeah. My mind is just a bit cloudy and I've been overthinking things about a guy and it's kinda taking up all my energy. I've ben super tired because I can't sleep that well either." You said. Adrien nodded.

"A guy? Do I know him?" He asked you, playfully nudging your shoulder with his. You laughed and pushed him lightly.

"Shut up! Don't be nosey, Adrien." You responded. Adrien scoffed.

"Nosey? Me? Yeah right." He rolled his eyes. You laughed and shook your head at his actions.

"Alright, well. I have to go. But whoever this guy is, he's lucky to have you and don't overthink things. Everything clicks on its own, Y/n. Just give it time. I'll see you tomorrow." Adrien smiled at you politely before getting into the silver car with his bodyguard in the drivers seat, and driving off.

You watched the car leave and let out a deep sigh that you have no idea you inhaled in the first place.

"Alright." You said to yourself before starting your walk home.