- 44 -

CHAPTER 44

You sighed, groaning as you got up from bed. Your eyes opened and made contact with the window in your room. It was dark out, and you quickly realized you had taken a nap. You must've been really tired.

Your phone started to ring and you slowly went to grab it and placed it to your ear.

"Hello?" You spoke first.

"Hey, Alya and I were wondering if we can sleepover during the weekend, my parents are going to be busy with the bakery on sunday so i'll be helping them then, but i'm available saturday and Alya isn't babysitting on saturday either. Would that be cool?" Marinette spoke. You smiled to yourself.

"Yeah, of course!" You said. Marinette thanked you before ending the phone call. You placed your phone on your bedside table, where it was placed previously. You let out a sigh and lied down on your bed again.

You jumped when you heard a knock on your window.

"Ah!" You screamed, falling off the bed. You looked up and at the window and there stood Chat Noir, concerned with his hands on the glass.

"Are you okay?" He asked, through the glass. You smiled at him and chuckled. Walking to the window, you opened it and looked at him.

"I'm okay, thank you for asking. Come on." You waved Chat Noir in as you walked towards your desk, grabbed your laptop, threw it onto your bed and pulled out a bag of snacks and drinks next to your desk. Chat Noir swooned over the food and you laughed.

His hands went around your waist, like usual and yours went around his neck after you placed the bag of snacks down.

"You're so sweet." He mumbled into your neck. His hair tickled your neck and he knew it.

"Thank you." You smiled.

You really couldn't have been any happier.

"Hey, let's watch a movie. You can choose." You said. Chat Noir's head poked up and he grinned before walking towards the bed and smiled at her. Sitting down, he turned the laptop on and made his way to Netflix.

"Ah, our savior." He sighed. You laughed, and shook your head. Sitting down next to him, you sunk quickly under the warm covers on your bed. Chat smiled at you before continuing to look for a good movie. Finally, he clicked on A Silent Voice. He quickly got under your sheets right besides you and got comfy. You smiled and shook your head before looking at him for a second.

He smiled at the screen and placed his hands on his lap as he watched the movie start. His eyes glistened as the computer screen flickered with different productions, and his messy baby hairs hit his forehead lightly. The black ring on his finger lit green with 5 lights showing a paw, and you quietly swooned over the boy that sat beside you. He turned to you.

"Y/n, I know i'm gorgeous, but you don't need to stare at me, I can't control myself around you." He sighed. You quickly turned to the screen, your eyes wide. You tried to focus on the movie but you couldn't, as you felt his eyes stare into the side of your face. He finally turned away, letting out a
short chuckle as he placed one of his hands onto yours, holding hands with you as he faced the screen.

Your heart beated fast, and you decided to be bold about the feelings he already knew about. You leaned your head down and placed it onto his shoulder. He looked down at you and smiled. You sent one back before taking a deep breath and focusing on the movie.

✰ ✰ ✰

You opened your eyes with a small yawn and quickly realized where you were. Your eyes adjusted to the light of the bright screen in front of you.

"Finally awake, sleeping beauty?" You heard Chat Noir's voice and slowly looked up. You realized his arm was around your neck and by your side as you laid on his chest. You smiled sheepishly at him as he chuckled.

"When did I fall asleep?" You asked. He shrugged.

"Maybe like, 45 minutes to an hour ago. The movie finished, you missed a good ending. I started watching Aladdin." Chat Noir pointed at the laptop on his lap. You sighed.

"Alright, I'm gonna go wash up." You said. Chat Noir nodded. He lifted his arm up, letting you go and you got up quietly and trailed into the bathroom.

You washed your face and patted it dry with a towel before you walked out of the bathroom. Chat Noir lies there on your bed, looking super comfortable and you smiled at him.

He paused the movie and got up from the bed, walking towards you. His arms went around your waist and his head landed on your shoulder. Your head was on his and your hands were laced around him as the two of you just stood there.

"Hey, Y/n?" Chat asked, breaking the silence. You hummed. He lifted his head and looked at you.

"Do you think we'd ever hate each other?" He asked. You looked at him, confused.

"I wouldn't be able to say. If we ended this relationship, and on bad terms, it'd really depend on the situation. I don't think I ever could hate you. Why?" You asked. Chat sighed and shrugged at you, looking away sheepishly. You sighed, using your hands to turn his face towards you.

"Promise me something?" You asked. Chat Noir tilted his head.

"What?" He replied. Your hands went down to his hands and you held them in yours as you looked him in his eyes.

"Promise me no secrets. Don't fall for someone new. Promise me it'll always be me." You said. Chat Noir smiled.

"I promise you, Y/n. No secrets. Always you. Just us." He told you. He looked at you closely and you got smiled at him. He placed one of his hands on your face, and quickly leaned in to kiss you.

You were taken aback for a second when his lips landed on yours but it was welcoming at the same time. Your lips moved together as his hands trailed to your waist. You placed your hands on the sides of face and pulled away.

"You're beautiful, Y/n. Really."

—————
Just want to take a second and appreciate you all because this story hit 100K+ reads. You all make my heart so happy I can't begin to describe it. Thank you for loving 'Trust'. 🤍