- 42 -

CHAPTER 42

"Adrien!"

Adrien turned around, hearing Y/n's voice.

"Hey, what's up?" Adrien smiled at you. You walked next to Adrien as the two of you made your way out of the school. It was finally friday and you were absolutely ready to sleep in.

"Not much, I'm really tired." You sighed. Adrien chuckled, his hand creeping his way up to his neck as he scratched it.

"Aren't we all?" Adrien said. You nodded and smiled. You two smiled at each other and stood in silence. You still felt bad.

"Adrien, I'm still sorry about my feelings towards you."

Adrien shook his hand.

"It was just pure misunderstanding and confusion. Right person, wrong time." He said. You sighed.

"Alright, I guess. Have you found anyone?" You asked him. Adrien smiled to himself. His eyes went to the floor.

"Yeah. I like her a lot."

You smiled nudging Adrien's arm. Adrien chuckled as you raised your eyesbrows.

Or attempted to.

"It's not that big of a deal." Adrien said. You scoffed.

"Yeah okay, sure." You rolled your eyes, sarcasm rolling off your tongue. Adrien shook his head, a small laugh coming out of his mouth.

"What's she like?" You asked. Adrien looked at you.

"She's beyond anything I ever imagined. I knew i'd fall, I just didn't know I would fall so hard." Adrien replied. You felt your heart melt.

"Oh my god, that's so sweet." You gushed. Adrien chuckled, a light blush spreading across his face.

"Aww! Look at you, all blushy! I'll have to meet this mystery sweetheart of yours. She seems nice." You smiled. Adrien smiled at you once more.

"You will. I'll introduce her soon." Adrien said. Your conversation with Adrien was stopped when you abruptly heard a loud honk nearby. Adrien turned to see his ride home.

"Alright. That's me. I'll talk to you later, Y/n. Bye." Adrien waved at you as he turned around. You grabbed his wrist.

"Adrien, wait!" You said. Adrien stopped in his tracks. He turned his head to you.

You sighed, smiling one last time at the blonde.

"Happy looks good on you. Stay that way." You said. Adrien grinned.

"I'll try my best. Thank you, Y/n." He said. You let go of his hand and watched him get into his car before you turned around and made your way home.