- 10 -

CHAPTER 10

"Who are you?" You asked, struggling to move as the person had a tight grip of your arms.

"Axel." He said.

"What do you want?" You asked, shaking a little, as you didn't know what he wanted.

"You."

You felt his breath on your ear and you shivered.

"Who are you here with, darling?" He asked you. You whimpered and cleared your throat.

"Adrien." You whispered.

"Hmm, So the main event huh? Well I'l-"

"Axel." You heard Adrien's voice. You opened your eyes, and saw Adrien, with clenched fists.

"There he is! Hey!" Axel cheered at Adrien.

"Let her go, Axel. I'm warning you. You shouldn't even be here." Adrien growled.

Axel groaned and threw you towards Adrien, who opened his arms, letting you fall into them. You wrapped your arms around him, your eyes shut. Adrien wrapped his arms around you securely.

You felt safe.

You didn't dare turn towards Axel. You didn't even want to see anything. You were confused. Why were you so scared? Thinking about what he would've done terrified you.

He came out of nowhere.

You heard his footsteps walking further and further away.

"Y/n?" Adrien's voice spoke up. You looked up at him.

"Do you want me to take you home?" He asked. You smiled weakly and nodded.

"Alright, here." He took his black coat off and placed it over you. You looked at him.

"That's cliché." You joked. Adrien chuckled.

"Let's go." He said.

The two of you walked out of the door and decided to walked back to your house.

"Who was he?" You asked.

Adrien sighed. He knew exactly what you were talking about.

"Axel Porter. He was my childhood best friend." Adrien said. You looked at him.

"What happened?" You asked him. Adrien looked at you and gave you a not-so-real smile.

"He used to date Chloé. He abused her. He used to hit her, and yell at her. He called her rude and out-of-pocket things. I had absolutely no idea." Adrien looked away, the two of you continued walking.

You grabbed Adrien's hand and held it, giving it a tight squeeze.

"I'm so sorry.."

Adrien cleared his throat, staying quiet as he looked forward.

"Adrien." You said. He turned to you.

"Why was he at the party?" You asked.

"I don't know, he's supposed to be in Korea. He had a role to play." Adrien said. You raised an eyebrow.

"A role?" You asked. Adrien chuckled lightly.

"He's an actor. Well, small one. He plays background roles. He left Paris for Korea 2 years ago, and told me he wasn't going to come back. So I said my goodbyes and he left. I didn't know he had come back..." Adrien quietly said.

"How did Chloé stop him?" You asked, carefully. Adrien was quiet for a few seconds.

"That's the thing, Y/n. She didn't. She didn't stop him. She didn't tell me. She didn't do anything. She didn't deserve it. People ask me why I'm still friends with her. It's because if I wasn't, she really wouldn't have had anyone. She would've crashed. I can't leave her. But what hurts is that I wasn't able to do anything, Y/n." You watched Adrien as a tear slipped out of his eye.

You lifted your hand and wiped it away. "Don't cry. I get it." You smiled at him. He gave you a small smile before turning forwards again and continuing the way.

'So that's why Chloe is so built up and mean. She's scared to be hurt again. I wonder what she was like before she was like this..'

You and Adrien walked in silence again and reached your house sooner than you had expected. He turned towards you and smiled.

You smiled back at him. The two of you just looked at each other, which brought the words 'cliché' into your mind again, but you ignored them.

"Thank you. I really appreciate you, Y/n." Adrien spoke.

"Thank you, Adrien. God knows what would've happened if I was with Axel for a minute longer." You replied. You noticed that the two of you were still holding hands and you let go.

"Sorry." You mumbled. Adrien nodded and waved at you as he slightly turned to walk away.

And for some damn reason, you grabbed his hand again.

He turned to you, slowly. You leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"Goodnight Adrien."

He smiled at you, his expression soft.

"Goodnight Y/n."