- 36 -

CHAPTER 36

A few days passed by with Chat making sure you did nothing to get yourself sick.

"Chat! I'm fine!" You moved Chat's hand from your forehead. He had been checking your temperature constantly. Like, every 2 minutes.

Chat pouted.

"I just wanna make sure!" Chat argued. You hummed before gripping his hand tightly. He smiled at you.

"I'm fine, love." You told him once more. Chat nodded.

"Alright, if you say so." He understood. You sighed.

"God, the city's been so quiet lately. It makes you feel li-"

"Like something big is coming. I know. It makes me feel uneasy. Ladybug thinks we should take a break from all the hero stuff and think nothing of it which isn't like her. At all." Chat resided his gaze to your hands.

He slowly grazed your hand with his thumb. You looked at him.

"Shouldn't you be doing so? You need a break." You kept your gaze on Chat. Chat Noir looked up at you.

"You are my break." Chat says.

"What do you mean?" Your eyebrows furrow. Chat let out a short chuckle.

"You don't get it, do you?" Chat shook his head. You shook your head, confused. He raised his spare hand and ran his finger along the side of your cheek.

"You mean so much to me. I find myself thinking about you 24/7, Y/n. You're all I can ever think about. When I'm with you, I'm free. Free of being a burden to my father, free of being the spoiled rich kid, I'm just..free. It feels so good. It feels amazing, Y/n. I cant describe it, but it's the best feeling I could ever have." Chat smiled. You looked at him, before looking down at the ground. He, however, kept his gaze on you.

"You're unlike anyone I've ever met. When I helped you home that first day we met, I never would have imagined us. Here, like this." Chat laughed. You smiled.

"You're so beautiful. God, you're beyond that. I can't imagine not having you in my future. You practically are the sole reason I still stay here. The reason I stand my civilian life, is because I want to stay with you. I want this to remain the way it is. I want us to be happy, and so much more." Chat said. You looked up at him and placed your hand on his cheek.

"And we always will be, Chat. I can promise you that." You said. Chat grinned, leaning in. His lips hit yours and you immediately felt that, spark. The two of you pulled away. You lied your head on his shoulder and he lied his head on your head.