- 17 -

CHAPTER 17

Today was the day.

As you got ready for your date with Adrien, you took a long look at yourself in your mirror. Giving yourself a smile, you realized you were happy.

Anything that mentioned Adrien in any type of way made you so happy. You didn't understand it, but you liked the feeling. It made you a bit nervous at the same time though.

The thought of being able to hold Adrien's hand, and laughing with him at ridiculous things. Being able to kiss him, whenever you felt made you red.

He had decided to take you out on a date at 6 and he promised your mother he'd have you home by 10. After some convincing, she agreed.

You were to wear a casual attire. You were happy to know that you had the perfect outfit.

The outfit went with a white loose shirt, covered with a dark blue jacket. You paired the top with ripped light blue jeans and decided to wear light pink heels. You styled your hair in a low bun. You decided on curling your hair before putting on any makeup and let a few loose pieces fall in the front of your face.

Satisfied with your hair, you start on your makeup. You didn't want to go too into it so you just went with light application.

You used a little bit of highlight, mascara and blush. You took a deep breath before picking up your phone.

"I'm ready, you can come now, love."

"On my way!"

You smiled to yourself and held your phone as you walked downstairs.

"Mom?" You called for your mother as you looked around. No response. You looked around and noticed a yellow sticky note attached to the kitchen counter where she usually stood. You grabbed the note and read it,

"Good morning, Y/n! I was called for work about something urgent so I had to rush out. Hence the note. I left you a sandwich in the fridge, and $20 on the counter. Have fun on your date with Adrien! - Mom :)"

You smiled at your mother's goofiness and shook your head as you walked to the fridge and grabbed the sandwich she was talking about. You grabbed the $20 she left for you and put it in your phone case before finishing off your sandwich and hearing the doorbell ring.

You walked towards the door and opened it, to reveal Alya. She looked at you with wonder.

"Holy shit, Y/n." She said. You panicked.

"Is it bad? Do I look okay?" You asked her as she stepped inside. She examined you carefully and smiled. She shook her head.

"You look perfect." She gently placed her hand on your shoulders. You calmed down, your stress level lowering.

"Thank you." You smiled, hugging Alya.

But your stress level rose higher than it ever had before when you heard the doorbell ring again.