3.

Wilhelm POV

The two days to settle in have passed, I was about to go down for the choir to welcome me back.

I haven't seen Simon since that first day. He had his purple hoodie on as usual which completely gave him away. I could tell he didn't want to be seen...

But he turned around rather than continuing to walk away, which shows he doesn't want to sever ties... right?

I wanted nothing more than to pull him into a hug, but I stopped myself. I know things have to be different now.

Before I knew it I was opening the doors to the chapel. Everyone turned their heads to me, but I payed no attention. I walked up to the front and took my seat; not daring to make eye contact with anybody.

The burning stares I felt all over my body, I could almost hear people's thoughts. Why are you back. You don't deserve to be the prince. F@ggot. Disgrace to the monarchy. How could you lie about that video. You don't belong here.

I could feel the room closing in on me. I swept my hair out of my face three times while looking down at the floor.

But the most beautiful voice pulled me out of the dark. It was dripping with heartfelt words of honey coming straight from his soul. I looked up to see Simon singing the lead of the choir, his eyes were closed tight in concentration.

I almost let out a laugh. A smile was forming on my face as I closed my eyes to take in the song of the choir. Just as I thought everything would be okay, a crumpled paper landed in my lap.

I turned around to see who threw it, but everybody was watching the show in front. I slowly opened the paper... and inside were the most horrible words I have ever read. As soon as I saw what was in the paper I dropped it.

The choir was drowned out by the ringing in my head. I brought a hand up to grip my face and realized it was wet with tears.

I felt people staring even though almost nobody was, I felt that pressure in my chest one again. I tried to focus on Simons singing, but it just made it even harder.

I stood up and ran out of the room.

As fast as I could, I took myself to the place I find most comforting. The music room. I sit myself down at the piano and rub my chest, working on slowing my breathing.

I sat there for a little while; slowly calming down.  I thought about when I helped Simon with reading music here at this very piano all those days ago. "I think we should just forget about it." is what I said to him. Oh how very wrong I was. It was laughable really, how things turned out after those words.

Just as I was feeling a little bit better; the absolute last person I wanted to see walked in the room.

"Are you okay, cousin?" said August with a look of concern that I could not tell was fake or genuine. 

I stared at him for a second. "You are the LAST person I need right now. Leave."

"I understand you are angry with me... but no matter how strong your hate is we will always be family.  And I am here to look after my family and make sure he is doing alright."

"Look after me? Make sure I am doing ALRIGHT? No. You are NOT my family and I am much more than just angry with you."

"You realize I only did what I did to protect the monarc-"

"Oh my god.  NO! You did this because you were pissed off that I said something about your money problems and that Simon had told me. And due to your already existent jealousy of my position you snapped. You not only ruined my life; but you ruined Simon's as well and fucked the royal family. Help the monarchy? How, by- by showing my mother that I am different and need helping? I meant what I said about you no longer being my family that night."

He genuinely looked hurt. "When I posted that video I- I hadn't known that you payed for the rest of this year. I realize now you are a good person and my misconcepted hate had blinded my judgement. This is me trying to make up for my mistake."

"You know, I completely forgot about that. Wow. You were taking the time to ruin EVERYTHING for me while I was aiding your graduation.  You know, I bet you didn't think about how much you messed up. You will never make up for your mistake so I would stop trying now." 

"Wille please-"

"No you cannot call me Wille. You will address me as crowned prince Wilhelm. Only my friends may call me nicknames like that" I thought back to the day of my welcoming party and I was shushing Simon from mocking my name to loud while hiding from August. "I really want you to think about what you have done to poor Simon as well. He has less money/assets than you do (and that's saying something), his face was the one shown in the video and he cannot deny it like I have, and he does not have the security and recourses that I do to shelter from the constant hate. Simon is an innocent, genuine, kind young man who will forever hold a place in my heart."

And with that, I shoved past August and strode as fast as I could back to my room.