19.

August POV

At first, I didn't know what to think about the task I was given by Willes father. If the queen of Sweden herself has been on the hunt for over two weeks without any luck, how could I be different?

Another thing that surprised me was that, of all the people, he chose me. I was the one who started this whole mess for the royal family and then continued to make it worse.

He could have contacted literally anybody besides me... Sara, Felice, the headmistress! None of them have done anything negative on the families behalf and quite frankly if I were him, I would trust me the least to keep it hidden from the queen.

Despite all of my contradicting thoughts, I was grateful for the opportunity. I thought about what I have done to Wilhelm almost every minute of every day.

I knew why I did it... yet I also didn't. I knew I was jealous of his, I knew I was mad about my shared secret, I knew I was angry at his ungrateful attitude. But in the end, was it worth it?

I knew why I did it. But it wasn't because I was against them together. I had virtually no discrimination against the queer so their same sex relationship didn't really effect me.

I could feel my mind slipping from reality these last few weeks. I guess you could say in was going crazy. But there'd something about not being your right mind that gives you a different perspective on your current or past feelings.

I realize now that it was not only out of jealousy for Wilhelms privilege, but for what he had with Simon. Ever since my father took initiative to leave me, I have felt larger than life waves of loneliness. Erik was the only person that made me feel wanted. And then he left to.

Seeing the affectionate glances, playful whispering, and precious moments of bliss the two of them shared only strengthened those waves of feelings. I wanted that. I tried with Felice, and I tried with Sara. I managed to mess both of those chances up.

The burning anger and sadness that always lived inside me caused me to do a terrible thing. So yes, I knew why I did it. But there were some deeper reasons.

I often ridiculed myself for my initial attempt at making amends with Wille. I was right about knowing the note would cause him to spiral; but thinking I could comfort him on it after everything I have done was yet another one of my royal fuck ups.

I also.often thought about what Simon said to me. "And that is more important than any amount of money, royalty, or fame." It was easy to think and stand only for myself. In could just do my best to put this whole situation behind me and graduate to take over my father's company. But those words rang in my head.

I knew that I couldn't go on thinking right if the constant burden of guilt was weighing on my every thought and decision.

This was my final chance to give at least the slightest bit of my help. It would never out weigh what I have done, but I would be able to continue my own priorities on an unbelievably easier level.

I was outside taking my usual morning run as I drowned in these thoughts. Patrick and Fredrick easily trailed behind me.  Most people weren't even up at this hour, being a weekend. I always woke up earlier than the others to exercise and train.  I also thought the quiet empty atmosphere was peaceful.

Then I saw two girls running along the lawn, giggling very excitedly.  I recognized them both as Felice and Sara.  What could they possibly be doing at this hour? I thought about my task to trail them; so I followed them in the wood a few meters behind.

I continued to follow them until they got to the bus station, so I pulled my hood over my head and got on their bus.  About 10 miles of driving we arrived at another woods in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere.  I was a bit confused at first, but I continued to trail behind as they walked to the woods.

They arrived a quaint little cabin with a small pond and began knocking on the door.  My eyes widened when I saw Wilhelm answer it. 

It worked! His father was right. After only one try of following their friends I had already found Simon and the prince. Some job the queens doing.

Once they were inside I snuck to the cabin and looked in the window to confirm. There they were, all four of them exchanging hugs and greetings. Wilhelm and Simon were wearing matching pajama pants.

They all seemed so happy, I could even feel a song of jealousy shoot through me.  I was glad that we had a plan to get them out of the horrible situation the queen has created.  All I knew was that they deserved happiness.

I picked up my phone and texted the number I was given.

A: I found where they are hiding.  They're in a little cabin in a private wood about 10 miles west from hillerska.  I followed Simons little sister and Felice when I saw them this morning on my run.

#: Good job, August. Tomorrow morning I will pick you up during your lunch period by the bus station and you will show me to the cabin.  Omar and Malte can remain at your dorm.  We're going to have a talk with Wilhelm. Thank you for finding him.

A: it was no problem.  See you tomorrow.

You guys... I'm number one under the young royals tag again and there's nearly 2.5k reads with over 200 votes.... AHH