23.

Wilhelm POV.

I watched as August and my father walked out the door. So many thoughts were buzzing through my brain, I wasn't sure what to make of the situation.

August, who ruined mine and Simon's everything more than once, just hugged me and offered his help. My father, who hasn't had a say in my situation up until now, has done one of two things. He is offering me a really great opportunity to bring light to the ominous problem, but he has also insulted Simon and showed up to my private cabin with the person who started this whole mess.

I wasn't sure if I should be angry, grateful, exited, happy, annoyed, or scared. It was a combination of all of them; each one a side of the polygon wall surrounding my mind, closing in on any rational logic I attempt to comprehend.

Once the door was closed behind August, I walked over and heavily sat onto the bed, my elbows on my knees with my head resting on my hands. Simon followed to sit beside me, circling a soothing hand on my back. We sat there for a few moments.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

"No. Yes? I don't know."

He continued circling my back. "That's okay I understand. What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking that my father and the person I hate most aside from my mother just came to my hidden cabin and offered to help me. I'm honestly not sure what to think."

He stopped and looked me in the eyes. "Well, do you want to accept the offer?"

"Do you think I should accept the offer?"

He grabbed one of my hands in both of his. "I think that we need to do something soon because the queen is going to fins us sooner than later and you have no better idea at the moment. I also think that your father is trying is best to be there for his son that he is very proud of and your cousin finally got some sense knocked into him and wants to aid your father in the journey of our freedom. So, what I mean is, yes. It is our best and only choice."

"But I don't think I can let August help after everything he has done to me... after everything he did to you! And did you hear what my father called you, that word?"

"Yes. But Wille, he is the white husband of the conservative queen of Sweden. If that is the worst it gets, trust me I can deal. I am a foreign, homosexual, poor Latino that has caught the eye of his son the crowned prince; ultimately fucking everything up for the royal family. I quite honestly don't blame him for not being 100% unfazed."

I hated that he needed to say that. "I guess so... but I hate that literally any of that matters because it shouldn't."

"I know I agree, but this is real life and in reality these things to matter. To be honest, I am surprised that two uses of spic is all I got! You are lucky to have your father who supports you to such lengths that he is willing to go behind his wife's back to make sure that you can happily be in a relationship with whoever you want. In normal circumstances, this opportunity would never show."

I thought about that for a minute. My mind brought me back to all of the times my father would take Erik and I to learn how to do things any normal kid would do such as riding a bike or playing catch. When growing up royal you don't get to be a part of these things, but if we asked him, father would take us to a park away from the palace and fill our childish wants. It made us feel like a normal family, despite our mother who wanted nothing to do with it.

"You're right. I guess my father has always been the supportive and caring parent, I have always been grateful for that."

"So, are we gonna put an end to this problem?"

I thought about it a little more. "I guess so. I will text August tomorrow, I need to sleep on it a little bit. But if we are going with their plan, we need to have our first stunt picked out."

"Well... Don't use Felice or Sara even though he suggested them because they are much to obvious."

"Well, what about Madison? She could say that she was doing one of her American rituals when she saw us." As annoyed as I was, I couldn't help but begin to feel excited.

Simons faced also lit up in excitement. "Yeah that could work! Maybe we could have each sighting be at Hillerska to make her think that we're staying in somebody's room?"

Suddenly an idea popped into my head.  "That's good, I like that idea. I think she should spot us in the chapel, where we first met."

"Um okay, why that spot in specific?"

"That's where I first saw you.  If we're going to do this, I want each place to mean something to me.  And I'm going to prove that to my mother."

Simon didn't reply, he merely stared at me.  Maybe I was wrong to suggest that spot...

"I love you so much."

I smiled. "As do I."

Simon let out a laugh.  "As do I?"  He kept laughing.

My smile grew wider. "What?"

"What the fuck is that!" He said between laughs.  His voice got higher and he repeated 'as do i' over and over in a mocking voice.

"Shut up! I don't know I thought it was something besides 'I love you to!'" I punched him in the arm and started laughing as well.

"You're adorable."

I punched him again.

SORRY it's been I while since I updated; school started and I'm swamped.  Also, 8.5k??? AYE
Next chapter gonna be all fluff because why not.