17.

Wilhelm's Father POV (bet you didn't see that coming)

It has been 15 days since Wilhelm ran away with his love.  Kristina has been working day and night to find him, but no luck at all has occurred.

Being married to the queen, you would think I have endless royal duties; but alas that is not the case.  I mostly stood around watching the search parties look for my son.

I knew I should be worried about him... which don't get me wrong, I am.  But I am worried for him once his mother finds out his location. 

When I learned of the first video I was very shocked, but not disappointed in him.  Kristina on the other hand, was fuming.  At first, I had taken my wife's side.  But once I found out that she had covered for August and forced Wilhelm to publicly lie, I debated other sides.

I knew that Wille was safe, there was almost no danger he could possibly be in.  In fact, I am sure he is the happiest he has ever been.  I couldn't help but feel happy for the two of them.

On the day of his interview two weeks ago, I was sitting with my wife eating lunch and sharing conversation.  The moment it was on we sat in silence until the second it was over when she called some drivers to go straight over and bring Wilhelm home.

The words my son spoke on that interview truly meant something to me.  He was right to tell the truth about everything.  He showed courage to this country and to Simon.  He taught a lesson about love, happiness, and labels to all.

And I was proud.  I was proud of the genuine young man he was becoming. I sympathized for him.

I never had much say in the decisions Kristina and I are to make together.  It never bothered me as much as it does now.  I disagreed with everything she was doing and could not understand why she refused to accept our son for who he truly is.

Eriks death took a huge toll on the both of us.  I understand the added stress of losing a child to move the other one up to the pressure of succeeding you.  Despite tradition and duty, I believe that the task cannot truly be done correctly when underneath a false mask.

Until the queen accepts that this is who  Wilhelm is and how he always will be, he will never become true king material. But with Simon, I believe he could.

After over two weeks of watching Kristina's search for the missing Prince continue to be unsuccessful; I made a decision.

I was going to start my own private search for him, but I had different intentions than the queen.  I was going to help him teach his mother a vital lesson.

I picked up my phone and dialed a number I never thought that I would call.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

August POV

The last two weeks have been anything but great. 

The bodyguards that were constantly trailed behind me existed for three reasons.

One was to keep anything similar to the physical "fight" Simon and I had from happening again.  I constantly got angry and disappointed glances from people who appeared to be dying to give me a piece of their mind; but a look at my guards sent them right back on their way.

Two, was to make sure I couldn't get a hold of any alcohol or drugs.  My body has been treating me like hell ever since I was basically sentenced to sobriety.  Although all substances have left my system, I still constantly felt high.

Three, as I always tell people, is to be my personal therapists.  I always sit there and talk to the to brawny men whom I didn't even know their names.  I decided to give them nicknames though; Fredrick and Patrick.  I'm not sure how it came to that, but that is what I always referred to them as.

I would lay sprawled on the couch in the common room as I poured my heart out to these men.  I spoke of what I did to Wilhelm, what just did to Simon, what I did to Sara, what my father did to me, and more.  They never said a word in return, but it still helped me nonetheless.

Every single day I looked at the meals table and saw the two empty seats, my heart filled with a little regret.  Every moment I grew more and more ashamed.  But my brain fed off of the self hate.

Each sting of regret that shot through my mind was like another pill popped into my mouth. It was poisoning my brain into a drunken like state.

Every time somebody walk passed me I could feel their burning stares, even if they weren't paying me an ounce of attention.  I would point a finger at them, "what do you want? Don't look at me, nobody said you could. Frederick here will beat your ass do you hear me? I'm getting what I deserve okay"

Despite the constant waves of regret, waves of laughter and false happiness struck my mind as well.  I had no idea where it was all coming from... i was just glad that it wasn't a constant spread of sadness.  Even though if I really thought about it, that's exactly what it was.

All i knew was that I had fucked everything up and I wanted to help make it right.  The part that pained me the most was that i cant.

That is until I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket.  I picked it up to see the royal palace ID glowing on the screen.  I answered.

"Kristina, your highness is this you?"

Surprisingly I heard a man's voice answer.  "No. This is her husband, Wilhelms father."

I froze for a second, confused. "Oh.  Well uh hello Sir, what can I do for you?"

He seemed to be whispering. "Listen, August.  I know you are a decent kid and i truly hope you feel some form of regret for what you have put Wille and many others through. Am I correct?"

I paused. "Yes sir."

"Good.  Now I do not agree with the queens opinions on Wilhelms situation and I would like to conduct my own private search for him.  I am hoping to find a plan to drastically change the queens mind. Would you be interested in helping me?"

I almost instantly replied "Yes! Please, it would put my mind at ease knowing I helped at least a little bit.  What can I do?"

"Great.  Well, I know my son better than my wife does.  He most likely rented or purchased a place for him and Simon to stay in an isolated area such as a forest or farm.  Wilhelm values his friends quite a bit, so I am sure he isn't far from the palace or Hillerska.  If you would, I recommend watching Felice or Simons sister.  One or both are bound to go visit them at some point.  If it works and you find where they are staying, please let me know where and I will meet up with you to continue a plan.  I have just notified Omar and Malte of my permission for you to do this. Sound good?"

So that is their names... I like Frederick and Patrick better.  It was sad to me that the queen hasn't thought of this search strategy sooner.  "Yes of course, that is a great plan I promise I won't let you down."

"Perfect.  And one last thing."

I hummed into the phone.

"Don't you dare try anything.  And keep this completely separate from the queen okay? Or I will see to it that you get those prison years my wife got you out of, got it?"

I gulped and hummed my understanding.

"Great.  Keep me updated by texting this number.  Good luck and I will be in touch."

The phone hung up and just then I got a blank text from an unknown number and I saved it in my phone.

"Did you hear that Patrick? I'm going to find Wille!!"

Well there's some different POVs. And soryyy I know y'all hate August because so do iiiiii but he is now vital to the plot.  As much as I low-key want to kill him off, don't get your hopes up.  And be exited because next chapter will be written by a "guest writer" I guess you can say. (My friend)!! (And it's gonna be fluff soooo)