14.

Simon POV

My heart nearly stopped the moment we went live.  Here I was, standing right next to the Prince of Sweden (whom I happened to reunite with the day before).  It had been merely two days after a video was posted of me beating up his cousin over a sex-tape he posted of us two 16 year old boys.  What in the HELL was he thinking?

And yet, it went so much different then I had expected.  He just admitted to everybody to what actually happened in the video all those days ago.  I couldn't help but feel pride rise in my stomach despite the extreme levels of discomfort I was feeling.

But he continued.  He even shared his struggles with him mom, the queen.  I knew how hard that must have been for him.  

And yet he still was not done.  He quoted what I had said to August in the video and asked me if he was correct.  I hesitantly nodded.  Where is he going with this. 

OhHe only just told the entire country that he loved me.  I wasn't sure if I should continue feeling uncomfortable, or to be beaming with happiness.  And then he turned to face me and grabbed my hands.

The sweetest, most heartfelt words exited his mouth, words I would never forget.  

And then he asked me to be his boyfriend.  

My brain completely shut down.  I had no idea what to reply.  I looked around at the shocked expressions of the people surrounding us as if they would tell me what to do.  

So many different emotions were crawling through my body.  Each one felt as if it was fighting the other over which one would break the surface of my mind.  Instead, they all came together into one swift moment of pulling Wilhelm into the tightest hug, nodding an inevitable yes into his shoulder.

He quickly returned the embrace.  Time slowed for a second; I could feel crisp winter breeze flowing through my curls I had spent all morning making look perfect for our lunch.  I reminisced the warm, comforting, familiar feel of the crook of his neck. I thought about all of the shared glances, secret meet-ups, and obstacles that brought us to this moment.  

And just as quickly as I latched onto him, he removed himself from my grasp.  And on live television, in front of everyone, he grabbed my face and planted his lips onto mine... sending yet another jolt of electricity through my entire being. 

Then once again; as quickly as it was given the kiss was over and he was smiling at the camera.

I wanted to feel sad that a moment seldom as precious as that didn't last another lifetime; but the feeling of pure bliss heavily out-weighed the miniscule twinge of sadness.

Then the reporter asked for a statement of his sexuality.  I felt his body go rigid beside me.

And once again without fail, Wilhelm found the perfect thing to say.  I gave his hand a squeeze as a reminder that I was there for him.

But when he announced that the two of us were to "take a temporary leave of absence", I was brought back down to earth.  The reporter seemed confused and unsure what to say about Wilhelm basically admitting to running from the wrath of the monarchy.

Then as quickly as it had begun, the interview was over and I was sprinting hand in hand with my new boyfriend to a car taking us to a cabin of confinement from the world.

Sorry this is a shorter chapter, I decided to split it into two parts because it would be to long for my liking.  But I have to wake up really early tomorrow to pack up to leave vacation :( so part two won't be up for a little bit.  But on the bright side I have a four hour car ride that I can use to write a few extra chapters!  Also, HOLY SHIT ALMOST 800 READS! I love all of you.