22.

August POV

I watched as Simon walked out with Wilhelm's father. I could feel Wille's peircing gaze on me.  I waited to speak until the cabin door had closed.

I hesitated when I brought my focus to him.  I felt as if I would burn myself if I touched him; anger was clearly burning through his body.  I took in a deep breath and opened my mouth to speak.

"Wille please listen to me I just wanted to say-"

"I don't want to hear it.  Don't speak to me." He said coldy.

"I'm sorry.  I truly mean it."

His face hardened into a stone expression.  "Fuck you."

"I know. I regret everything with every inch of my being.  I think about what I have done to you every living moment.  It's laughable to me how many times I've managed to make things worse.  The first time I tried to earn your forgiveness I thought comforting you after writing a fake note during Simon's solo on your first day back was the-"

"Are you fucking kidding me right now? YOU WROTE THAT NOTE?? Your right.  It is absolutely laughable.  That... that every time I think to myself that you can't get any worse, you do."

Once again, rather than feeling strong waves of shame and regret, I wanted to laugh.  I wanted to laugh at myself for how incredibly ignorant I was...  It takes a fool to remain sane.

"You are completely right Wille, I hate myself for my actions and what I did to you.  I tried to cheat Simon out of money booze and drugs, I kissed his sister trying to get back at her best friend... whom I was dating. I leaked a video of the two of you out of jealousy and anger, I never fessed up to it, I wrote that terrible note, I got Simon expelled, I said horrible things to the both of you, and I- I-"  Tears were forming in my eyes. I was beginning to stumble over my words that were barely croaking out. "I'm just so sorry please know that I am sorry I really want to make it better this time you don't have to forgive me just know I am trying to help this time."

His expression remained unreadable.  I searched his eyes for an answer, waiting for him to open his mouth and say something, anything.  I hadn't realized it was happening; but my body suddenly flung itself, clinging onto his and I was wrapping my arms around him into a very tight hug.  I he seemed as if his body refused to move and I could almost feel his eyes grow open even wider.

I remained there for a second, until the door opened and Wilhelm's father walked in with Simon trailing behind.  I quickly pulled away as I realized what I just did and stood next to his father.  Simon walked to Wilhelm's side.  They both seemed to brush off what they walked in on and I heard a throat clear.

"Simon answered all of my questions a very acceptable way. I am here to offer my help in winning over your mother in this war of love and royal duty/tradition. As I said to your boyfriend; I believe that tradition should never hold someone from who they truly love no matter the gender or person. I want you to be with Simon, and most importantly I want you to be happy."

That means we must have Simon convinced.  Good.  I looked over to Wille, who still had an unreadable expression and appeared unable to speak.  He was looking around the room as if .searching for somebody to answer for him.  I felt the need to say something.

"Let us help you." It's the least I can do.

I was grateful for Simon who picked up Wilhelm's hands and nodded his approval.

He looked Simon in the eye for a moment longer, almost as if they were communicating through eye contact.  He then brought his gaze back to his father.  "Okay.  What help are you here to offer?"

"Well, I have a plan to lead your mother on a false path and publicly embarrass her.  Since we all know royal image is one of her top priorities, she will do almost anything to make light of the situation.  Once we have done so much as to prove our point and gathered enough 'blackmail' information, we can get her to agree to meet us and we go in guns a blazing and convince her to break tradition."

Wille seemed to be thinking for a minute.  "How are we going to pull that off exactly?"

"Well, I have some reporters on our side I have paid for their silence from Kristina that we can use for our publicity.  Then I was thinking that we can use August, Felice, Sara, or any other people on your guys's side to notify the queen or authorities that they 'saw' the somewhere.  I will make sure the reporters catch every bit of the false chase.  The search has been going on long enough for it to already by embarrassing for her, this will only make it worse."

"...okay... but don't we want the public at least on our side?  A false chase will embarrass her but it won't give us much help unless we blackmail her and say that the false notifications will stop if she complies with our wishes"

His father seemed to be thinking this time.  "Maybe we can use one of the reporters  to record you saying a couple speeches live a few different times.  It would just have to be somewhere like this cabin that isn't public.  Naturally, the queen would do what would make the people happiest.  And if that happens to be a gay son in love with a spic, she will allow it even if it isn't what she would prefer."

"Don't fucking call him that.  Right now I am grateful for your help because this is a good plan; but don't ever fucking insult Simon like that again or I swear to god we will remain in hiding and Sweden will never hear from their prince.  Mother already doesn't accept us for having a same gender relationship, we don't need your racism biting us in the ass as well."

"You're right I'm sorry, I was just being realistic."

"I can see that.  Just don't ever describe him with that fucking word again."

He put his hands up defensively.  "Okay okay.  I promise I won't say that word.  My apologies, Simon."

Simon was awkwardly looking at the ground and whispered a quick "it's fine"

Wilhelm nodded.  "Good.  If you would excuse me I would like to talk things over with my boyfriend before I make any final decisions.  When are you thinking the first stunt should be?"

"I was hoping the day after tomorrow, spefically in the morning."

"Okay.  I will text August what we think before noon tomorrow.  I assume you are in touch with him?"

"Yes.  August will forward everything to me."  

I nodded my understanding and confirmation.

"Now as much as I enjoyed your surprise visit I don't think I can stand to look at August's face for a minute longer.  If you would kindly exit our cabin, I have quite a bit of thinking and decision making to do"  Wilhelm stated in an annoyed and angry like tone.

His father nodded and began walking out the door, me trailing right behind.  "We will be in touch.  I love you, son."  Wilhelm didn't reply.  

Okay so shts getting realll.  I'm kinda getting over my writers block and the plot is getting clearer in my head so Woohoo!  I'm sorry I didn't mention anybody for their ideas that you guys commented/DM'd, I just had so many people offer ideas and many of which were very similar so I couldn't give specific credits.  And HOLY FCK 5.5k READS UM WHAT??  Not to flex, but ive been number one on the youngroyals tag for a week jusssss sayin mwahaha. This shouldn't be something to get so exited about BUT I AM NONETHELESS.   You guys are literally super sweet I am so grateful for your compliments in the comments and private messages.