27.

Wilhelm POV

It is currently dark and freezing 4am the next day and we're about to leave the cabin to meet my father and August. Madison will be calling my mother in about an hour.

He called me very soon after we denture text to August. We made the plans with Madison, set things up with our reporter, and finalized the details. When we her she screamed into the phone and was completely overjoyed to be helping us. It made me realize that I somewhat missed everybody.

I had spent the rest of the day holding tight onto Simon under the covers, absorbing his comforting heat. Despite the warmth of him and the blankets, my body remained cold. It seemed near impossible to warm up; my entire being was chilled... including my heart.

The longer I sat out there alone that cold winters morning, the more frost grew onto my aching heart frozen of love. I will try for the rest of my days to wipe yesterday from my memory, but it will forever keep my soul from fully thawing.

Nevertheless, I stand here sipping coffee beside him as he nurses my knee I bit into out of fear from the events that led to today.

The car ride seemed long and painful; my entire body began burning for a late recovery of the cold. It took a lot in me to not shoot my cousin an insult every moment I got and every 30 seconds I second guessed myself again.

Eventually we arrived at a street close to Hillerska.

The plan was for Simon, my father, and I to remain in the car to help communicate because we couldn't be out in the open. When Madison "sees" us she is going to go up to August's guards when she sees august on his run to report it and they will call the queen. Everything will be filmed by the reporter once the queen arrives, thus beginning the embarrassment of a failed search.

A*gust POV

Everything was in place. It was 4:56 and I was dressed in my winter exercise wear jogging around the school. I rounded the corner and saw Madison posted with her setup in the field exactly how we planned.

Once she saw me she ran up to Frederick and Patrick. "Oh my god I'm so glad you guys are here. I swear I just saw Prince Wilhelm and Simon right there in the window! I just know it was them, somebody contact the queen! When I pounded on the window to get their attention they panicked and ran down the hall. They must be staying with someone!"

Although Frederick and patrick; sorry Omar and Malte, are in on the plan... Madison doesn't know that so it could be as convincing as possible in case there were any bystanders.

"Thank you informing us. We will call the queen right now. Go inside and look for them in the time being" Patr- Malte said. Madison have me a wink and then began skipping up to the doors.

Omar began dialing the queens number and put her on speaker once she answered at the last ring.

"What on God's green Earth could you need at this hour. Is everything okay with August?"

"Yes your highness. But, we were just informed by a resident here named Madison McCoy who is positive she spotted Wilhem and Simon in the window."

I spoke up as well. "Yeah Kristina! I was on my morning run and she just came up to us, she seems to think they're staying with somebody there."

We heard her gasp. "I am on my way. Inform the headmistress of my arrival and let her know that each room will be searched. Thank you for telling me."

"Of course by your-"

And with that she hung up the phone before I could finish my reply.

It's been proven evident that I obviously have a calling to "break the rules."  One way or another I've always been doing at least something wrong. Naturally, by being a part of this plan to embarrass the queen of Sweden, I felt a rush of adrenaline. Although this time it was different from all of the other times... Yes; I was doing something wrong, but I was doing the right thing by it.  This rush felt even better than all of the other times.

Every time I did something wrong I knew i shouldn't have done it and felt regret... and yet I did something else anyway. Think of everything I kept piling on top of Wille and Simon! But now by helping them... the intoxicated feeling is grey instead of black.

You know, I've always thought of feelings as different colors. I feel that the rush of an action is the strongest emotion; therefore perceived as the largest most common colors of black, grey, and white.

The rush of doing something wrong is the strongest; every single time it's felt as equally and it continues to be just as addicting. It can swallow you into a path of black to lead your life astray... yet you can't stop.

Doing something good such as saving somebody's life will also bring you a rush. Yet this takes so much more... yes it's just as addicting to walk the white uphill path.  And yet, walking downhill will always be the easier calling.

Grey however, represents doing the right thing. Sometimes the right thing is only right in one sides eyes, but it's what you believe in. Most people stick within the grey scale of walking a straight path neither a constant up nor downhill. Being someone who has always relied on the rush of black; doing the right thing brought me a new kind of high.

Wilhelm POV

According to August's and Madison's texts, everything went well. We sat in the car watching the live news of the stressed queen frantically searching all of the rooms of Hillerska. Sure enough, it was quite an embarrassment.

Everything went perfectly... it was actually working. The livestream had ended with the queen angrily demanding all cameras to be turned off and the news channel closed.

The three of us sat there for a second, still looking at the screen. Then I looked at Simon with a happy and surprised expression, running my hand through my hair. He returned the same look.

Right then my father excused himself stepped out of the car to call August. The moment he was gone Simon pulled me into a quick hard kiss.

"What was that for?" I said smiling.

"For having at least one parent with an ounce of respect, acceptance, and common sense."

I laughed and went in for another kiss, but he stopped me. I looked at him.

"No way your lips are crazy chapped."

I scowled. "Who's fault is that?"

"Yours. Definitely yours."

I scooted away from him. "Fine I just won't touch you anymore because I guess I just prefer to be cold."

I saw regret flash through his eyes. He gave me an irresistible pouty face.

Hey guyss just wanted to remind you how much I hate school ✌️ it can die. Also how tf am I at 14k I- woah. Also I just wanted to say that I kind of have my big plot idea set so I'm super exiteddd. I'm sorry for not updating as muchhh I want to but once again, school sucks ass.