26.

Simon POV

I have been alone in the cabin for almost three hours. I told wille that I needed space to think. Yes, I wanted some space; but not to think. I already had everything thought out.

I know I love him and I know he loves me.  His words hurt... and I know he both did and didn't mean it.  He would never do something to hurt me on purpose, but I know that he truly is sacrificing everything he's ever known and that will take time to get used to.

It physically pained me to see Wilhelm like that... I had heard his cries all the way from here and I sprinted out to find him by the pond.  The events that followed may have been one of the worst experiences I have gone through.

I left him out there not for me to think, but to provide a point.  I knew he would come in eventually... But frankly I didn't think it would take this long.

So almost three hours later, here I am in the bed on my phone.  Finally I heard the door open.  I didn't look up.

"Hello" I heard a calm voice say.

"Hi."

"Am I okay to be in here?"

"Yes." I continued looking at my phone.

"I'm so sorry..."

"Okay."

I heard him sigh.  "I will never say anything to hurt you, ever again. I promise... please forgive me."

I finally looked up to reply and accept his apology... But when I saw him I instantly put a hand to mouth and quickly felt tears forming in my eyes.

His entire body was a deep red with his lips, the tips of his ears, the top of his nose, and his fingers a vibrant purple. There were blood stains going down his pant leg, his eyes were puffy, and he was badly shaking.

I fucking did that to him.

I let out a cry.

"Simon? Are you-"

"Stop." I continued to stare at him. how did I let this happen. I didn't even think about the cold...

"I'm sorry."

"Oh my god. No please don't apologize. I don't care about what happened, right now I need to get you warmed up."

I jumped out of the bed and put the back of my hand on his forhead. Hot. I brought it down to his neck. Cold. I grabbed both of his hands in mine. They were frigid. 

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god I did this to you... how could I fucking let this happen." I said between feeling around which parts part of his body were coldest.

"Simon stop." I stopped for a second and looked at him. "Do you forgive me?"

"I'm not worried about what you said right now I'm focused on your health."

"I don't give a fuck about my health right now. Do you forgive me?"

I looked him in the eyes. "Of course I forgive you. My stubborn ass just wanted to prove a point; Wille I love you so fucking much and I should be the one apologizing. I mean look at you! Look what I did!"

"No you don't need to apologize, I did this to myself not you. If it makes you feel better we can say that we both messed up; I'm just glad you forgive me. That's all I needed to hear."

"No i d-" I stopped myself. "Wilhelm why did you stay out there. Did you ever move?"

He stayed quiet for a second. "No I didn't."

I felt tears falling. "Why?"

This time it was his face that softened, I saw a line of water form in his eyes. His voice went up an octave. "I couldn't walk... I wanted to
run after you but my body wouldn't let me. But that's okay because I sat there and thought and rethought everything. Just like you wanted! I felt so much regret Simon..."

I was crying. "Stop. Just stop. Stop fucking apologizing I would never ask you to sit there for that long. Baby I'm so sorry I wasn't there... I should have been there for you. Just lo-"

He put a hand on my chin and I stopped talking. He looked me in the eyes for a second, wiped my tears with his thumb, then tilted my head up and kissed me.

I brought my hands up to his face and kissed him back.  The kiss was ravenous and quickly escalated. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I brought mine into his hair.  I then brought a hand down to slide up his shirt but I quickly stopped.  His body was frigid... I pulled away.

"Stop I need to get you warmed up. Right now."

He didn't argue, just stood there with an expression I couldn't quite read. 

"Take off your clothes and put these on, I'm going to go grab some things" I threw him a pair of shorts, underwear, and a hoodie and went to the bathroom.

I grabbed a first aid kit, a heated blanket, and made a hot cup of coffee.

When I came back he was pulling the hoodie over his head. I handed him the coffee and heated blanket.

"Sit down on the bed and warm up, I'm taking care of your knee." He sat down.

The bite marks were very deep, the wound wasn't bleeding very much anymore but it looked painful. I quickly cleaned it and put a large bandage over top.

"Feel better?" He gave me a sad nod. I climbed into the bed behind him and wrapped my arms around him.

We later like that for a long time.  We found comfort in each other's presence, neither of us wanted to think about earlier at all.

"Oh shit, it's 11:46... I need to text August."

I sat up. "You don't need to do anything."

"Yes I do. I'm going to go through with the plan."

I looked at him. "Alright. I can type it for you, if that makes it easier?"

He nodded.

"Okay. Hand me your phone."

He picked it up off of the dresser, opened August's contact, and gave it to me.

"What would you like me to say?"

And after 10 minutes of debating on what to say, this text was sent:

We have decided to go through with your offer. But the stunts will be on our terms. Tomorrow at 5am when it is barely bright Madison will report a sighting of us in window three of the lobby hallway saying she was doing one of her dawn rituals. This will make it seem like we are staying with someone at Hillerska. Call me for more details.

"Okay, sent."

He let out a breath and collapsed his head onto my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm proud of you."

"For what? You sent the text..."

"No, for doing the right thing. For listening to your father and cousin despite everything. I'm so proud."

He reached up and gave me a quick kiss, and then cuddled back into me.  We stayed there for what could have been hours; our last moments of peace before the storm to come.

Ayeee back to back updates woohoo! And I just wanted to let you know that I HATE school. Currently typing this in my study hall instead of doing homework because idgaf.