21.

August POV

I found myself waiting at the bus station for Wilhelm's father.  He soon pulled up in a traditionally car instead of a limousine and he was driving; most likely to not draw any attention. At his hand signal I slid into the passenger seat.

"Hello August.  Do you have the directions to the cabin?"

"Yes.  Start by taking a right up here at FO&O Street."

The first bit of the ride was mostly quiet except for me pointing out directions every few minutes.  Eventually he cleared his throat:

"So, August.  I trust that you genuinely are interested in helping my son's situation.  My plan is to lead Kristina on a false trail and publicly embarrass her.  I have a couple of reporters on my side to aid publicity stunts who I have paid for their silence.  I know the queen has your trust right now so in order for this to work I will need you, Wilhelm, and Simon.  I will explain everything in more detail once we talk to these two.  While we are there you have to promise me you will try your best not to start any arguments with my son okay?"

"Okay, I promise.  You can count on me sir."

He nodded and I gave him the final directions before we arrived at the cabin.

As we got out of the car, I thought to myself.  It's finally my chance to right my wrongs with my little cousin.  My attempts have so far failed, so hopefully with somebody else in the lead, my efforts may not be in vain.

Simon POV

I froze when I realized who was speaking.  My body wanted to sit there in petrified fear and shock, but my mind knew I needed to act.  As quick as possible I threw on a hoodie and stood up from the bed.  I had done so just in time because Wilhelm's father pushed past Wille and walked into the cabin not a moment later.

After he walked in, Wilhelm cleared his throat. "How did you find us."

His father looked back to the open door and made a signal with his hand.  Then August walked in.  A flare of anger passed over Wille's face. 

"August saw Sara and Felice walking to the station during his morning run.  I asked him to follow them to find you."

Wilhelm had a worried expression.  "Does mom know where we are."

"No.  She has no idea what I am doing, same with August; and I intend to keep it that way.  Now.  I would like to speak to Simon please."

Wille quickly walked over and stood in front of me, holding out a protective arm.  "No.  Stay away from my boyfriend, you are not going to threaten him."

"Stay calm Wilhelm, I won't cause him any harm.  I just have a couple questions."  His father's expression remained soft, he didn't appear to intend anything negative.

"It's okay, my love."  I whispered to him.  "Alright, what do you need to ask me?"

"Come.  I must ask these in private."  He said as he began walking back out of the door, beckoning me to follow.  Wilhelm still had a protective arm around me.  I squeezed his hand quickly to assure him that I would be fine.  I followed his father out the door;  but I took one last glance at Wille who was giving August an icy glare.

My hair was still slightly damp, the biting wind sending chills through my body. Once we were both out there and the cabin door was closed, he cleared his throat.

"Answer this honestly.  Do you love my son?  Do you truly love him?"

I nodded without hesitation.

"Please say it."

"Yes Sir, I do love your son. I love Wilhelm with my whole heart and nothing will ever change that."

He nodded.  "Good.  I am happy for the both of you.  Are you willing to put your life, your future on the line for him?"

I swallowed.  "Yes sir."

He nodded again.  "Good.  Now I may not fully support him being with a Spic such as yourself, but I believe that tradition should never hold someone from who they truly love no matter the gender or person.  I can see that what you guys have is real.  What I do not support is how Kristina is handling this, she will be incredibly hard to sway when it comes to accepting Wilhelm as a queer member of the royal family.  I am willing to help you, if you would let me.  As is August."

I shuddered at the slur he used against me.  So his mother is homophobic and his dad is racist. Perfect. But I was also grateful for his acceptance to his son and offer for help.  As much as I am compelled to decline, Wilhelm and I need all of the help we can get.

"Okay.  But, why August?"

"He will be needed for my plan; and I believe that he is on a mission to make amends with Wilhelm.  He may be a rotten person initially, but when it comes down to it there is compassion in his heart."

I nodded my understanding.  He began walking back to the cabin and I followed.  When we opened the door; I saw that August was hugging Wilhelm, who looked to be a hearty mixture of confused and angry emotions.  When he noticed that we had entered he quickly pulled away from Wille and stood beside his father.  For the moment, I brushed off whatever I just walked in on.  Willes father seemed unaffected, and began to speak again.

"Simon answered all of my questions a very acceptable way.  I am here to offer my help in winning over your mother in this war of love and royal duty/tradition.  As I said to your boyfriend;  I believe that tradition should never hold someone from who they truly love no matter the gender or person.  I want you to be with Simon, and most importantly I want you to be happy."

Wilhelm's eyes were wide.  He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.  His expression became unreadable as his eyes darted around the room as if somebody had an answer.

"Let us help you."  August said.

Wilhelm brought his gaze to me, I clasped his hands in my own and gave a small smile of approval.

Thank you so much for all of your DMs and comments!  I am loving some of you guys' ideas and it is definitely helping my writers block.  Your votes and support make me want to write like all the time. Also, just wanted to let you know that I got fcking quarantined due to an exposure :|  So school might not actually start in two days after all.  Just hope for me to be asymptomatic by Wednesday ahhhh.  On the bright-side, if I do end up being stuck at home with nothing but my obviously unstable mind, I can write a couple extra chapters!  To keep me from being bored... comment what sport, hobby, instrument, extra curricular, etc. you do.  I'm genuinely curious I think it's cool to see what everybody does in their free-time. I dance and play piano! (The absolute best part of writing a wattpad story is the comments omfg Im having way to much fun with them totally taking advantage of that.)