Chapter 10 Dandria

"Danielle." I gasped, reaching for her hand. Somehow I felt responsible. Maybe I didn't give her the right amount of attention, which is why she acted out sexually. Instead of sending her to her room, I should have talked to her more, asked her more questions.

She pulled her hand away from me, rising from the table and leaving the room. "Give her some time." The doctor patted my shoulder with a sorrowful expression.
I was in shock, so I could only imagine how Danielle was feeling. My baby sister was dying.

The doctor informed me about the medicine she would need, and her next scheduled appointment. I gave her a few minutes to herself, before hinting that it was time to leave.
Our car ride was the most painful, neither of us said a word, or even attempted to. I wanted to hug her, and tell her how things would get better, like old times, but it would only be a lie. I couldn't save her this time.

I made it home, and while Danielle rushed to the room, I called my aunt. She picked up on the second ring, in a groggy voice. "Hi, Dria. How's everything?"

"You're the sickest, and most malicious bitch I've ever met! You're no fucking better than your sister! And you better pray the cops get to you, before I do!" I ended the call, noticing how much my hand was shaking.

My aunt called my phone repeatedly the next hour, but I ignored her. If I would have listened to Danielle the first time, things could have been different. Cam was working today, and wouldn't be home until later, so I decided to call Chantel. She didn't know Danielle was alive, and neither did anyone else. When she didn't answer, I called Kaidyn, who never picked up, also.

Grabbing my keys, I tapped the bedroom door, informing Danielle that I needed to make a few stops. She didn't respond, so I decided not to pressure her about coming along.

I found myself in front of my mother-in-law's home. Never in a million years did I expect to be venting to her, instead of my best friends. I kept in mind that they may have been busy at the moment, which is why I didn't get an answer.

The new relationship I established with Ms.Nicks, couldn't have been better. She seemed like a changed woman to me, but I knew all too well about two faces. I explained my problems without going into detail, or revealing Danielle's illness, and she listened through it all. I felt like so many negatives were coming my way, and feared for my children's health. Even though she had never experienced similar problems, she offered me advice about managing my stress level, when pregnant.

When leaving her home, I felt relieved. I tried to keep my mind off of Danielle's news, not wanting to accept reality. I made it back home at a decent hour, before knocking at her door again. She still wasn't answering, and instead of giving her some time, it was time for me to comfort her. I needed her to know that she didn't have to go through this alone.

"Danielle.." I pushed the door open, noticing her laying across the bed drowsily. I couldn't see if she was sleeping, since her back was turned to me, so I took a few steps inside. "Danielle-" I trailed off, noticing the pill bottle laying next to her palm. Rushing closer, I checked her pulse, wanting to cry at the thought of losing her again. It was faint, which caused me to panic. I tried pulling her body upward, but found myself exhausted at each weak attempt. Taking short breaths, I pulled out my cell phone, calling the ambulance, then Cameron, who said he was on his way.

I kept myself as calm as possible, remembering the tips his mother showed me. It was impossible to control my anxiety while waiting on help, that seemed to be taking extremely long, everything flew out of the window. Again, I called Kaidyn and Chantel both, and neither picked up. I felt like I would have a panic attack, standing over my nearly lifeless sister.