Chapter 11 Meilani

When I received the call about Dria's sister, I rushed to the hospital. I thought she was gone, but apparently, she had managed to pull the wool over our eyes yet again.

Of course the news would get back to me, seeing that I had a friend who worked at the hospital.

Dria's puffy eyes looked up to me, as I entered the hospital room. Danielle was laying in the bed lazily, while Dria rose, making her way to me. She pulled me into the tightest hug, and I did the same, feeling her pain. "Where's Cam?"

"I don't even want to talk about it. Have you heard from Chantel or Kaidyn?"

"Not Chantel, but I did talk to Kaidyn a few days ago."

"Wow.." She took a deep breath, almost looking like she wanted to cry. "I can't even get her to pick up the phone."

"You know how Kaidyn is, always busy." I smiled, hoping my excuse would make her feel better.

A few taps at the door caught our attention as we turned in unison. "Who are you?" Dria asked as the women entered without the proper invitation.

"I'm Kerensa Stewart, with social services." The lady extended her hand, while I glared down at it.

My blood was boiling, because I knew this situation all too well. This bitch's demeanor showed that she was uncomfortable, and possibly a stuck up rich girl, who may have never experienced real-life issues. I knew she was already judging us, and it pissed me off.

"Look Ms.Kerensa Stewart, you shouldn't bring your high sadity ass in here investigating! As soon as a little accident happens, y'all come around trying to snatch children! What do you even know? You want to help? Then go away! She doesn't need anybody to save her, okay?"

She stared at me blankly, before turning to Danielle, and ignoring my statement. "Hello, Danielle. I wanted to ask you a few questions, but I see you're busy. Here's my card, and I plan on hearing from you." She smiled warmly, stepping away from the bed, and clutching her designer bag.

"Who called you?" I asked, completely agitated by her calmness.

"I can't disclose that information with you."

"Well before you go, let me say this... I'm so tired of people like you, running off to your fancy college, getting your degree in shit you've never personally experienced, and thinking you can come around here and help. You're not helping, you're hurting! Those books and the shit you study about, don't mean anything, when you're in the real world! If you take her away from her only sister, she's going to be way more fucked up than how you found her! Have you ever been in this situation? By looking at you, I can tell you haven't. So what gives you the right to make this kind of decision?"

"You know, looks can be deceiving. You should learn not to judge a book by its cover." She gave Danielle one last friendly grin, before leaving.

"Hardest things that bitch ever went through, was deciding which car to drive." I mumbled under my breath, taking my seat next to Dria.

Dandria

Three days after arriving, I was helping Danielle into my car.

"Dandria!" Kaidyn called, rushing up to me out the woodworks. "Dria!"

"What Kaidyn? What could you possibly want?"

"I know I'm late, but I was tied up in some things. I'm here now! Is that your sister?" A shocked expression appeared on her face as she panted, completely out of breath from running."

"You're here now? Three days later, and you're here now?"

"Dria-"

"Save it Kaidyn! I don't want to hear it!" I shut Danielle's door, before walking around to my side of the vehicle. Kaidyn followed me, resting her hand against the door, so that I couldn't open it.

"Dandria, we're friends and I need you to talk to me! I'm here for you now, and I refuse to let you storm off and throw a fit, because I wasn't when you called. I'm here now, okay?"

I covered my face, trying to prevent myself from crying, while Kaidyn hugged me. "It's so hard going through this alone! You don't know what I've been through this past week, Kaidyn!"

Meilani

I wanted to move. My apartment was giving me way me problems than I needed, and I had barely been living there, so I asked Shaheem if he would help me look for a new place. I had a meeting with a landlord, who had advertised new available apartments in his complex.

It was early as hell, and I heard someone knocking at my door, while my cell phone rang repeatedly. Crawling out of bed, I inched to the door sluggishly, scathing it open with an attitude. "Why are you here so damn early?" I hissed, forgetting I told him to be there at a specific time.

"If you would have picked up your phone and told me you wanted to cancel, I could have stayed at my crib."

"What crib? Last time I checked, it was gone. And I'm not canceling, I'm just behind schedule."

He took a seat on my couch, while I walked into the bathroom, to get ready. Soon after, we were on our way, out of the door.

I sat on the passenger's side, tapping my thumb from irritation. I was still cranky from waking up so early, and upset that Shaheem was so upbeat. "If you would have taken that damn exit, we would have been the by now!"

He did a double take at me, smirking in the process. "You better calm that shit down! You act like that with other people, but not with your daddy."

"You're not my daddy, Shaheem."

"Not yet."

"What are you ta-"

"This is the place, right?" He cut me short, slowing down in front of the building.

I perched my lips at his attempt to change the subject, while grabbing my purse. "Yes, this is it."

"We want to make our future tenants feel at home as possible." The short lady smiled, showing me around the closet sized apartment. It was not what was shown online. It was actually the complete opposite, which confused me.

"I thought this was a two bedroom apartment?" I twisted my face, with disappointment.

"Well... they're currently unavailable. Other than the extra bedroom, it's everything you want, right?" She smiled, watching Shaheem out of the corner of her eye, as he looked around the empty place.

"I guess it is."

"Great, now let's get to the paper work! Can you sign right here?"

I glanced down, reading over a few things, before something caught my eye. "Even the price is different... This isn't what your add offered."

"Well it will only be like that for your first few months. It should drop about one hundred dollars."

"That's it?"

"Look around, it's worth it." She smiled again, handing me the pen. I took it from her, but just before I could sign, Shaheem pulled my hand.

"What?"

"If it's not what they promised you, don't sign... otherwise you settling. And I know you don't want to do that."

I had already broken my lease, and needed a place immediately. Why not take it? I looked at the lady, who was blushing with embarrassment.

"You can sign and settle, or wait and get what you really want. They either give you all, or nothing, Meilani."

The small lady pulled her papers away from me, as I handed her the pen back. "Well I'm sure someone else will be satisfied with this great deal." She stormed out of the empty apartment, leaving us two standing there.

"I hope you didn't just fuck me over, Slick."

"I told you about talking to me like that, you hear me, baby?" He called, following me as I left the apartment.

Thanks for reading! Comment and Vote! Sorry it was so short! Next few chapters will DEFIANTLY be longer!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoyed the character mix!