Chapter 15 Dandria

Chantel

I walked over toward where he was, standing directly in front of him with a smile, before quickly hauling back, and slapping him senseless.

Before I could even throw a second swing, he rose, wrapping his hand around my neck and shoving me against the wall. "Keep your fucking hands to yourself, I'm not trying to fight with you."

I pictured things would end that exact way, if I had actually exemplified the way I was feeling.

Marcus hadn't even noticed me standing there, because he was too busy talking to one of the female hosts. It looked like he was remodeling the club, which was odd, because Rock consistently said he would never change things. I cleared my throat, while crossings arms with a scowl.

"Chantel? What- how'd you get here?"

"That's not important at this point. What's  on with the club? Where's Rock?"

He stepped in closer to me, slightly sighing. "They took him out."

"They... killed him?! I'm so sorry, Marcus!" I gasped, wrapping my arms around him, and hugging tightly. "I hope you don't plan on doing anything crazy."

"I'm just chilling, Chan. It was probably a nigga from out of town, you know Rock had a lot of enemies. I can't really waste anymore time trying to pick out who did what."

"So what's going to happen? What about the club?"

"I'm selling it, a bunch of buyers are already lined up, so I figured why hold onto money I can't touch?"

"You're selling your uncle's club, Marcus? Wouldn't he want you to keep it? You know he loved you like his own son."

"How did you get here?" He asked, quickly switching the subject.

"Don't let that worry you, Marcus. The question is, why didn't you come back? And, where is Erica?"

"I was trying to get everything down here situated, and I haven't seen her since that night. Shit, hopefully she's somewhere getting her shit together. But you came at the perfect time, Chan."

"And why is that?"

"Because I have something I want to show you."

"Don't think that you're off of the hook, Marcus. I'm still pissed about you keeping me locked away in that fucking hotel, like some caged animal."

Dandria

Danielle seemed to be normal. She was on suicide watch, but things were better, she was even talking more. As soon as she was able to come back to my place, her normal routine of locking herself away, and being glued behind a phone returned.

Cam and I had just made it back from Lamaze classes, when I noticed her pill bottle was unopened. Getting the small container, I headed toward the room, to preach about why she needed to be taking them.

Easing the door open, I saw her sitting on some teenage boy's lap with a smile. The only positive to the situation, was that they were fully clothed.

"You need to leave!" I called out as calmly as possible, never taking my eyes off of Danielle. She folded her arms as he rose, gathering his backpack, while scurrying out of the room in a hurry.

"You know, Danielle... At first I thought you pulled stuff like this because you were lost, but now I think you do it just to fuck with me."

"Either way, it's funny, right?" She snickered, pulling her phone out, and reclining against the bed.