Chapter 25 Maliah

While driving down our local strip, I noticed this beautiful lady standing outside the Gucci store. With her hair blowing and holding two handfuls of shopping bags, a man followed her, holding more bags. She gave him a passionate kiss before he leaned upward, standing tall over her. My jaw nearly dropped when I realized it was Jahleel. I sped up a bit, to avoid him catching me watching him.

I had avoided calls and texts from Jahleel for two weeks straight, and things were back to normal for me. Tiffany sat in my office, rambling about the materials she would use, when opening her own clothing store, while I shuffled through my paperwork. I heard a few knocks at the door, without looking up and called for them to come inside.

"Hi, I'm Tiffany." She squeaked in a flirty voice, standing up and introducing herself before I glanced to them. It was Jahleel.

I hadn't told Tiffany about him, simply because it was nothing major to me, but I figured she was about to find out, sooner than I expected.

"I've been calling you, Maliah. You didn't like the flowers?" He questioned, hovering over my desk.

"I'll be back... I forgot that thing." Tiffany excused herself, before I rose from my chair, and shut the door.

I turned to him and crossed my arms.
"First of all, don't ever barge into my office."

His eyebrows furrowed, while watching my demeanor completely change. "I don't know why you feel so comfortable to do so, but you need to correct yourself! This is where I work, and not where you decide to come and make scenes, so if you felt like reaching out, you should have called!"

"My bad, " He held his hands in surrender. "I've been calling you, but you haven't been answering. I just want to know what I did wrong."

I didn't want to let Jahleel know I had seen him with another woman, hell it wasn't my business, and we weren't in any type of commitment. "I've been busy. I have a big case coming up, and I don't have time for distractions."

"I'm a distraction?"

"You certainly are, but you can see your way out, now. I'll let you know when I have time to chat." The room was silent, other than the sounds of my heels clicking against the hard surface, as I led the way to my office door and opened it for him.

"Goddamn..." He mumbled, adjusting his collar and heading towards the exit with no further words. I shut the door behind him, before hearing the office phone ring for my conference call.

Jahleel

I felt like Maliah hoe'd me. I mean, all my years of fucking niggas bitches, and I let this broad talk to me crazy... Maybe I was slipping, but I couldn't even trip, I had business to tend to myself.

"You straight?" Wydell asked, peeping my irritated mood, as I hopped into the driver's side of my Bentley Continental.

"Yeah nigga... Fuck you asking for?"

Wydell shook his head, not expecting my response. "You trippin' nigga." He took a huge bite out of the lemon peppered wings, while reclining back against the seat. This big ass nigga always had a plate on top of his lap, and food in his mouth. His size made him intimidating to anyone who didn't know him, but the only thing the nigga did was ride in my shit, and eat.