Chapter 12 Chantel

"Mommy! Mommy!" Sky tapped my face repeatedly, waking me up from the nap I had no idea I was taking. "Bubbles!"

"I see the bubbles, Sky." I yawned, stretching some, while watching her splash excitedly.
The door opened, and I noticed Marcus creeping inside, before Sky turned to him. "Marcus!" She reached upward, as he neared the tub.

This was my first time seeing him in four days, and from the looks of it, he wasn't in his right mind. "Say, Daddy..." He corrected Sky, scooping her up into his arms and grabbing a towel from the rack, before wrapping it around her small body.

"Daddy.." She repeated his words, completely confused, while pulling at her left ear. When he turned to leave the bathroom, I stepped out of the water, drying myself off, and throwing on one of the complimentary robes.

By the time I made it to the bedroom, he was helping Sky into her night dress. "I'll get it." I spoke up, noticing how long it was taking him to dress her. Marcus' focus was far from Skyleigh, and it was more than obvious; he was hiding something.

"I got it."

Shaking my head at his dry response, I wandered over to the bed, taking a seat on top of the mattress. "Are you going to tell me why we're here, now?"

"Come on, baby." He ignored me, picking up Sky, while trying to leave the room.

I rose from the bed calmly, following after the two, before easing her out of his arms. "You want to be an asshole, tonight? Fine... but don't think you're going to be around my baby while you're drunk and high!"

She tried pushing away from me and reaching for him, but I held her tightly, leaving Marcus behind.

"Did you bring it, Dad?" Casey followed behind Marcus closely, ask the same question repeatedly.

"Yeah, you thought I forgot?" He turned to Casey, picking him up.

When I entered the living room part of the suite, I noticed the game system partially hooked up. "Where's Erica?" Marcus asked, lowering Casey from his arms, and looking around.

"She's sleeping because she is sick." Casey answered innocently, easing toward the game while Marcus watched him with a confused expression.

I took a seat on the couch, finally releasing Sky, before she rushed toward Casey, snatching up one of the controllers. Her eyes stared at the blank screen, while she pressed every button, assuming she was playing a game.

After everything was set up, I watched Marcus and Casey play the game together, noticing Marcus taking constant sips of whatever liquor was in the cup. A few hours passed before the three were sprawled out across the carpet.

I eased from the couch, tiptoeing over to them, gently pulling Casey into my arms. He was a lot heavier than I expected, as I struggled to carry him to Erica's room. I twisted the knob, noticing it was locked before knocking. Erica never answered, so instead of making a big deal out of it, I carried him to my room. Sky was resting under Marcus' arm, and was a lot easier to carry than Casey. I placed her in the bed with her brother, tucking them both under the sheets.

Marcus was lying still on the carpet, with the crook of his arm covering his face. I tried helping him up, but he wouldn't budge the slightest. Giving up, I rose, and began to walk away. "You trying to leave me again?" He grabbed my ankle tightly.

"Let go Marcus, you're drunk!" I kicked his chest with the edge of my free foot, while he loosened his grip some.

He finally released me, rising and stumbling, while I helped him balance. "Sit back down!" I could barely keep him up, and couldn't risk him falling on me. As soon as he found the couch, Marcus pulled me down, on top of him.